FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: potato creek(lake)  (Read 1949 times)

bluegillmaster2011

potato creek(lake)
« on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:08 PM »
this summer john glenns cross country team is campin at potato creek and im known as the ''fishermen'' of the team (of about 6 people) and if we go fishing it will be my duty to totally amaze them with producing fish, i rarley ever fish the lake but can anyone tell me where to go on it? it will be around july that we go   thanks-stacy
cold morning air+ smell of exaust and the roar of the motor starting=HEAVEN

daffydone

Re: potato creek(lake)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2009, 10:43 PM »
I have never fished the lake, but if I were you, I would hit the shaded areas, where the water is coolest. I don't know what you are fishing for. I look for gills in the shallows, tight to structure, and I follow the sun, stay in the shade.

walkerd

• Cherish each day you dont know when it will end!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2009, 07:20 AM »
fish across lake from swimming area where there are dead trees in the water. fish shallows around boat lauch area

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2009, 04:34 PM »
i would be going after bluegill and bass..
i went to where your talking about over across from the beach last year and had the trolling motor break and had to row all the way across the lake!

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2009, 04:34 PM »
also fish the dead trees by the huge steep boat launch lots of bass and caught lots of crappie there too! that or you can go on a venture walk to find the pond (lake) in the woods that thing holds some huge bass and gills. lots of cats too!!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2009, 09:32 PM »
any idea what the pond might be near? if you do i can get a general idea where to look if i google map it, like is it near the gate, cemetary, nature center? anything thanks!

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2009, 02:36 PM »
its back in the horse trail riding area. when you pull into the park and go right instead of left it will take you to the camp ground where all of us horse junky's go. well when you pass the dnr building on the left if you look to the right there is a dirt vehicle beaten path and just follow that it will take you to the pond. all the horse trails connect and get you there but the way they veer around and what not this is your fastest way there. it is about 3/4 a mile before the large steep boat launch but remember its on the opposite side of the road..real good fishin back there. use a mepps spinner or a kinami worm.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2009, 05:46 AM »
alright thanks! ill have to try it!

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2009, 07:05 PM »
i looked on google map and there is probably 10 ponds but i think i know which one your talking about. are there fish in all the ponds or just that one?

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #9 on: Feb 25, 2009, 11:55 PM »
i have not fished any of those ponds except the one im talkin bout its close to the horse camp ground just south and its a  descent size pond. the creek that goes threw the area runs rite into this pond well runs next to it but there are some small "lets" that bleed in and out of it!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.