FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Minn Kota electric troll  (Read 1790 times)

Teacherpreacher

New Minn Kota electric troll
« on: Sep 21, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Earlier this summer I posted that I bought new Minn Kota  electric troll, 45 pound thrust. Somebody posted he had bought a new one but felt it didn't have the power of his old one and asked that I post how new one worked. Can't recall who asked and can't find post??? Anyway my new one worked great! Has 5 pounds more thrust then old one. With three guys in my boat, casting for bass and with strong winds it performed great. Ran it against wind on #1 setting and it did a great job!
I have an AGM 12 volt battery and ran it 2 days before recharging. Still had 52 % charge.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

Re: New Minn Kota electric troll
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2019, 07:03 PM »
Great to hear!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2019, 07:17 AM »
This is the 4th one I've had. 3rd foot control mount and one on duck boat transom. Maybe shouldn't say this but never a problem!! Have run transom mount through 1 1/2" of ice and only broke one cotter pin.
Teach

charlys1954

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2019, 01:20 PM »
It was me about a month ago in thread "Gill fishing", I said.

After you use it let me know if you think the new one goes faster than the older model. I ask because last year my 15-20 year old 30 lb gave out so I bought a 40 lb, both are transit mounts. I swear the old 30 moved my boat faster and battery lastest longer than the new 40lb. Plus the old 30 had a big prop, the new one has a dinky prop.

I never had a reason to measure the speed of the old one. So I use my handheld GPS to see the mph on the new one. With no wind calm water it goes at most 2.6 - 2.9.

TKs for the update. Like I said, my new 40 has a smaller prop the old 30lb prop is bigger. Another thing I don't like on this new one is the 1-4 speeds increase at about the same level. But there's a big difference between 4 to 5.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2019, 04:10 PM »
charlys1954,
My new 45lb thrust came with a smaller prop then my old 40lb thrust so I switched them out before I ever put new one in water. Maybe that made the difference?
Teach

charlys1954

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2019, 01:06 AM »
I had thought of that but didn't try it cause the 30lb was about 20 yrs older. Being allot older I thought maybe the 40lb would be a new design and the 30lb would not fit it. I'm gona check it out thou if it fits would be great.

Mac Attack

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2019, 07:08 AM »
I've always wanted to see what a larger prop would do on my 80# terova.
But they only list one prop for it.
I'm now going to measure it and see if it can actually handle a larger diameter prop.
Maybe the 112# prop will actually fit on it.
Maybe I have had the wrong prop on it all along.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2019, 07:24 AM »
I have two 38 lb Motor Guide transom mounts that I use for duck hunting on a 14' Jon boat. The one has to be 20+ years old. The other about ten years old. The older one has been run hard and in repair shop a couple of times. I asked repair guy why the older one has more power then newer one. He said it just has more wraps on armature. I have bought 2-3 props for these motors, 2 blade and 3 blade. The 2 blades perform better then 3 blade.
Teach

charlys1954

« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2019, 09:35 PM »
charlys1954,
My new 45lb thrust came with a smaller prop then my old 40lb thrust so I switched them out before I ever put new one in water. Maybe that made the difference?
Teach

I switched them and the old 30lb on the new 40lb seems to fit ok, turned it on and run ok no wobble or noise. Can't remember which one but I held them together and one was maybe a 1/32 in dia bigger.

The new one(Endura C2) didn't even have a part number on it so I had to look it up at the Minn Kota site. It said it was 1378121(replaced 206-1122). My old Endura 30lb was stamped 206-1126 and called weedless wedge. I looked it up and MK said 1378125(replaced 206-1126). Will find out Monday if there's any problem.

charlys1954

« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2019, 09:54 PM »
……………. I asked repair guy why the older one has more power then newer one. He said it just has more wraps on armature.................

Just like anything else, things used to be made better and last longer. My 30lb lasted 20 yrs I doubt this new one last that long.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.