MyFishFinder By Species > Perch

Rigs for perch

(1/4) > >>

Ikura:
Could you share some basic rigs for perch.  ???

Is it something like this?
A small jig (#8 size?) tipped with a minnow or musie.
A snap shot above it as weight for casting.
A bobber.

Do you flicker your rod and reel it in like a lure?
Any must-have types of jigs?

I usually fish from shore on bays and ponds near Rochester, NY.

firstice_rules:
i usually use a pickeral rig tiped with minnows and worms.

Germ:
Well your set up is a litte bit ok but what i like is this.

Number 12 hooks i belive i use with a 1 inch mini Tube on
1 splitshot about 14 inches above it
Smallest bobbers u can get..I use cubes of balsom wood on my line..Bout the same size a suger cube maybe even smaller. The smallest you use for bobbers the better as you can see the strikes as well plus you wont scare the PErch. i place the Bobber about 3/4 of a foot above the split shot.
Im FIshing in 4-6 feet of water for them.

FOr spring perch i cast out as far as i can then let the tube fall .
Once it falls i let stand for 15 secs..You might have a strike so watch.
Then give 3-5 lil tugs pulling it just slightly so it moves towards you a few inches.
And reel in the Access slack..But watch after the tugs that is when they usualy hit.
This method works great On Both Perch and Crappies..I catch More Crappies on Green flec tubes and More PErch on Yellow and whites. ALso one side note here sometimes i cut the access tail of the tube off for Light strike Perch.Usually the tails are just a wee bit to long so Trim it a bit so you dont end up with the same problem. Anyhow good luck

firstice_rules:
germ i have never used that rig for perch but it is a killer for crappie and with a bigger tube bass seem to like it too. i'll have try it for perch though.

kingfshr16:
During the spring and early summer some of the best perch fishing we've done is jsut filoatin around in the boat tryin to find the perch beds (if we dont know where they are) and just 2 long shank hooks and split shot, either worms or minnows, granted this is usually on Champlain or Lake George but it works and works well at that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version