FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Loneliest Brook Trout  (Read 881 times)

bogtrotter

The Loneliest Brook Trout
« on: Mar 09, 2019, 05:39 PM »
After pulling a volunteer shift at a museum in the AM filling in for a sick friend, and then briefly attending Thunderfest outside the Adams Visitors Center early this PM to have a beer and chat with some acquaintances, I headed to North Adams to fish the North Hoosic.

It was a beautiful day - - sunny, blue skies, temps in the mid to upper 40's - - and I had hoped the nice weather might elicit a feeding frenzy among the piscine persuasion, but it was not to be.

I arrived around 2:15 or 2:30 PM, and started below the Eclipse Mill dam. Nothing. Then I drove upstream to the Natural Marble Bridge State Park. Ditto.

I also tried Hudson Brook (which flows through the park into the North Hoosic) but, again, no response.

I noted that both streams had snow on the banks (as one might expect) - - and that considerable sections of both (mostly the backwaters) were covered with ice (which was more surprising).

Then I drove back to Adams and tried fishing a small stream at the Greylock Glen (usually my go-to spot in the winter), arriving a little after 4 PM.

Shortly after my arrival, I caught a feisty 8" brook trout. But after that, I did not get so much as a nibble.

As far as I can tell, that solitary brookie that I caught is the only open water fish in all of northern Berkshire County.

In retrospect, I probably would have made better use of my time if I had gone cross-country skiing at the Glen instead.

maxma

Re: The Loneliest Brook Trout
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2019, 09:25 PM »
This report brings a smile onto my face as you claim the brookie as the only fish in berkshire. Good job!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.