FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wawasee  (Read 7584 times)

PEARCHEYES

Wawasee
« on: Oct 17, 2020, 03:26 PM »
Hit wawasee early chasing the perch.They are feeding heavely .Most of them were full of crawfish ,from the ones I kept which was 17.Ranged in size from 8.5 to 12

abishop

Re: Wawasee
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2020, 04:15 PM »
Good job on the gold. It was very windy here so I decided to stay home.

LundProv

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Good going Percheyes... You're making me jealous.  I did get out today in the backyard and caught a large number of crappies using the Garmin Livescope.  I was not cleaning or keeping today so they all made it safe back in with a sore lip...  I am going to start directing my attention to the perch at Max and also at Koontz very soon.  I used to target them at Pine and Stone and would catch numbers but never any size. 

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2020, 06:15 AM »
you did good for the wind out there!  must have been hard to stay put and see/feel bites. nice job.

you better get to koontz pro.  I was there yesterday and had a sack full of 11-14" perch.  must have had 40 or so when they shut off at dark. fish were in 8-15ft zone. jigging raps dropped in big schools.  the camera batteries were dead so no pics. you'll just have to believe me.  loon has been giving up some nice ones too. a friend said he had 25, in 4 hours,  all over 11".  we have friends that go to Erie all summer and clean hundreds of 8-10"ers and think its just the best thing ever.  :o  Y 

LundProv

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:17 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement Indianahooker.   That depth range sounds right.  The last time I dropped a blue/silver jigging rap in Koontz, I was out a bit deeper and could not keep those striped bass off the jigging wrap.  I will probably drag the bottom until I find the perch and then set up for a while. 

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2020, 07:33 PM »
Hit wawasee today,perch were very aggressive and biting most of the day.I ended up with 20 keepers.The biggest 5 were 11 to 13.great day!

indianahooker

« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2020, 06:10 AM »
johnsons bay area was good day before yesterday.  lots of runts to weed threw though.   yesterday I went to loon. weather was killer with the fog!  size was much better ended up with 45 tween 2 of us.  biggest stretched 13.75" on the tape. none kept were under 10".  great year class there rite now in there.  I used a big jig rap. my buddy used drop shot again.  both worked well bit the size was better with the big rap.

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2020, 06:33 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement Indianahooker.   That depth range sounds right.  The last time I dropped a blue/silver jigging rap in Koontz, I was out a bit deeper and could not keep those striped bass off the jigging wrap.  I will probably drag the bottom until I find the perch and then set up for a while.

You mean white bass?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

LundProv

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2020, 10:50 PM »
Very possibly white bass Taxid.  I apologize as I really do not know this species.  Very aggressive, very strong with a white appearance with longitudinal stripes...

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2020, 12:21 PM »
Very possibly white bass Taxid.  I apologize as I really do not know this species.  Very aggressive, very strong with a white appearance with longitudinal stripes...

No worries. Pretty sure they are white bass. No striped bass planted there.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2020, 03:06 PM »
Good day on wawasee today ,kept 15  perch today.Biggest was 11

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2020, 05:32 PM »
Another great day on wawasee.The perch were Hungary .I kept 35 today all over 9inches ,several tens ,a couple 11s and two right at 12😃.Hope to repeat Friday,but I think the front and rain coming will slow the bite.Well just have give it a go anyways

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2020, 03:23 PM »
Me and my son hit wawasee today ,fish were biting well into noon.We ended up with 25.All 9,s with a couple 10sand one 12.Looks like a nice warm up next week into the weekend ,I’ll be back out😃

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2020, 06:37 PM »
Another great day on wawasee.The perch were Hungary .I kept 35 today all over 9inches ,several tens ,a couple 11s and two right at 12😃.Hope to repeat Friday,but I think the front and rain coming will slow the bite.Well just have give it a go anyways

No Hungarian perch this time?  :rotflol:

Don't you just love autocorrect?

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #14 on: Nov 08, 2020, 04:44 PM »
Hit wawasee about 730 fished till 1.The perch bite was fantastic today.I kept 19 .,smallest 9.5 biggest almost 13.Hope this tend continues😁😁

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.