FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Steelhead  (Read 3198 times)

pyle

Steelhead
« on: Mar 26, 2007, 04:11 PM »
Was just wonding if anyone fishes for steelhead in creeks without using a flyrod?

If so what pound test and what do you use for luers? flies? spoons?

Just so happens my sisters property has a nice creek that runs threw that has trout and salmon in it.I see them all the time in there but never tried fishing for them.And all the people i see fishing it are fly fishing even tho its only about 4-6 wide.

pyle

Re: Steelhead
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2007, 07:28 AM »
ttt

fireplug

• I fish, therefore I lie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Check your PM ;D
Time not spent outdoors is wasted time.....

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Tom,

Call me and I will show you how with and without a flyrod!

Chucker

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2007, 08:06 PM »
I would tend to think most non-flyfishermen would use spawn, small pink/orange plastics, and flies suspended below clear slip floats.  Light line, with lighter flouro leaders.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2007, 02:29 PM »
A 1/32 ounce or 1/64 ounce bucktail jig under a slip-bobber.   ;)  Black or pink!!

putback

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Forty odd years of fishing them seems a lotta us use a flyrod 'cause we think we should! Makes you wonder how all those local 11/14 year old kids do so well with a zebco 202 and crawlers. Lucky for them they figure they're just fishing, No ones convinced them yet Steelies are inherently genius. Orvis and Bean gotta get on that!

troutfisherT

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2007, 07:59 PM »
i fish the small streams with my 7' med act bass spinning rod with 8 lb mono main line and a 3' secton of 6 or 8 lb flourocarbon.i also like to use a float about 2-3' up the line with a pink or blue spawn sac or you can just bounce the spawn sac on the bottom with as little wieght as you can.they even take nightcrawlers and hot pink rubber worms.you just have to keep after them if you find fish or you know a hole has fish in it try different things and they will bite.

i caught this 29" steelhead in trout brook pulaski,NY on 3/31/07 with a float rig and a pink spawn sac
[/img]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.