FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How to catch brookies in the fall??  (Read 4069 times)

wannabe

How to catch brookies in the fall??
« on: May 26, 2011, 04:58 PM »
With all the talent in this great forum, I would love to hear any tricks, or favorite flies or lures to catch brookies in the "fairly" late fall. In other words, not necessarily how to catch fish in full-on spawning and aggression mode, but more like early october fish. THANKS for any replies!
Dave

nightbird

Re: How to catch brookies in the fall??
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 06:03 PM »
My experience in fall has been that they want to see orange or red. Best lure I've ever had for them is a spinner. Blade is yellow with orange dots and body is orange.

StingingLips

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:53 AM »
I like using red crappie tubes like the bass pro shops squirmin squirts, my favorite color is the bloody minnow

wyofarmer

• MFF Mod Team
  • Rest in peace LT
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 09:28 AM »
X2 nightbird. I have always had good luck with those two colors here in Wyoming. I tend to go with a red Rooster tail most of the time and have always had good luck in the mountain lakes. Good luck and tight lines!

Dabluz

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2012, 12:54 AM »
My experience in fall has been that they want to see orange or red. Best lure I've ever had for them is a spinner. Blade is yellow with orange dots and body is orange.

Sounds like you were using a Panther Martin.  Been using that spinner in 1/16 and 1/8 size for over 30 years.  On cloudy days, I use the model called the "zebra" (black blade, orange body).  Best lure for brook trout that I know of.  Mepps are ok too but the Panther Martin is better.  The trick is to not put any bait on the hooks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.