FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest Trout out of a stream  (Read 11979 times)

kingfshr16

Re: Biggest Trout out of a stream
« Reply #15 on: Mar 30, 2005, 09:18 PM »
24" Rainbow from a little stream in Syracuse.

Bigfish57

« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2005, 01:28 PM »
3' thats not a stream thats a trickle would anything be able to stay alive in something as wide as your arm if so its probable a no passing zone

In some spots in maine you can catch small brookies in road ditches  ::) (or atleast untill the coons get them)
Anthony

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 11, 2005, 02:07 PM »
In some spots in maine you can catch small brookies in road ditches

same deal in some of the mountainous regions in NY, my first fish was a wild brookie about 4" long from a creek smaller than the ditch in front of my house.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #18 on: Apr 11, 2005, 05:15 PM »
you'd be surprised how small of water trout can inhibit if conditions are right.

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #19 on: Apr 11, 2005, 05:45 PM »

you'd be surprised how small of water trout can inhibit if conditions are right.

Well said, i have seen trout in likely and unlikely places. I remember once i was with my dad out on a grazine field with cows and there was a ditcht that was only 1 foot wide but a good foot and a half deep and we spotted a nice rainbow. So we hurry to the truck grab a rod and rig a night crawler on it and cast it to that fish and caught it. Sucker was a good 2 and a half pounds ;D
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2005, 06:09 PM »
3' thats not a stream thats a trickle would anything be able to stay alive in something as wide as your arm if so its probable a no passing zone

In some spots in maine you can catch small brookies in road ditches  ::) (or atleast untill the coons get them)

I wish there were ditches with trout in them around here. Man what would be even sweeter would be pike in drainage ditches and canals. We have some fish in canals but almost all suckers and chubs. The occasional catfish though and some carp.

Tyler

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #21 on: Apr 11, 2005, 06:15 PM »
I've caught 5" native brookies from the Tassawassa Creek where it's 5 feet wide, and 13 inch browns from a certain part of the Basic Creek  behind a cemetary that's posted property. :evil:

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #22 on: Apr 11, 2005, 07:43 PM »
I've caught 5" native brookies from the Tassawassa Creek where it's 5 feet wide, and 13 inch browns from a certain part of the Basic Creek  behind a cemetary that's posted property. 

I have never ever caught big bows on lakes behind houses or private apartments or caught brookies on private farms when i said i was pheasant hunting. I would never do anything like that ;)
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #23 on: Apr 11, 2005, 08:10 PM »
I've caught 5" native brookies from the Tassawassa Creek where it's 5 feet wide, and 13 inch browns from a certain part of the Basic Creek  behind a cemetary that's posted property. 

I have never ever caught big bows on lakes behind houses or private apartments or caught brookies on private farms when i said i was pheasant hunting. I would never do anything like that ;)
\
You may have landowners mad at you, but I got 350 years worth of ghosts upset at me! That was actually kinda creepy, I came out of there at night. :o

Chucker

« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2005, 08:24 PM »
My biggest is nothing more than average, but the nicest stream trout I ever saw was a brookie in full spawning regalia, kype and all, that measured an honest 16".  When my buddy was yelling for me to come look, I was positive he had a sucker, and was yanking my chain.  I almost fell in when I saw it.

If anyone from PSC is reading this, it came out of the pool digger 14 years ago this fall.

Gawd, I feel old now.

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2005, 09:55 PM »
24" brown out of a stream that you can fish in during the sunner without getting your feet wet.  He was in a deep spring fed hole that was about 5' in diameter with just a trickle of water into and out of the hole.  Sure was a surprise to me :w00t:!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

the Wizard

« Reply #26 on: Apr 13, 2005, 05:16 AM »
Wiscoy creek in the Mills Mills area I caught a brown 26.5 in a small rapids maybe a foot deep.  I didn't see it there but when it hit I saw the flash and could see it fine from that point on, it was beautiful bright yellows and orange markings.
It took me a while to catch it but afterwards I let it go, that fish was to awsome to harm.
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #27 on: Apr 14, 2005, 01:29 PM »

\
You may have landowners mad at you, but I got 350 years worth of ghosts upset at me! That was actually kinda creepy, I came out of there at night. :o

Hey man when the fishin's hot, the fishin's hot...... ;D ;D ;D We've all bent some rules now and then regarding private property ::) ::) ;)
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Hood

« Reply #28 on: Apr 14, 2005, 06:14 PM »
22" Cutthroat on a pack trip in Wyoming last summer, did not want to come home and cant wait to go back, I think im gonna spend a year or 2 there after I graduate college next may.
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #29 on: Apr 14, 2005, 09:31 PM »
Wyoming is good country. Was it a yellowstone strain of cutthroat, snake river cutthroat, greenback cutthroat, or colorado river cutthroat? Or another strain I'm not thinking of?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.