FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest Trout out of a stream  (Read 11978 times)

Hood

Re: Biggest Trout out of a stream
« Reply #30 on: Apr 15, 2005, 01:53 AM »
TFB- it was a Yellowstone Cut...from the Thorofare, by far one of the toughest fighting fish I have ever caught.  I have a pic somewhere...will post the photo when I find it. If you go to www.opencreekoutfitters.net and click on pack trips i am the first pic on the page, its not my big one but man is it a colorful fish.
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #31 on: Apr 15, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Nice cuttie 8)

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #32 on: Apr 16, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Cutts are awesome trout in their beauty. They also can get large if conditions are right, particularly in a few lakes in the high country here that have huge populations of mysis shrimp. The yellowstone cutt is one of the few strains I have not caught.

Hood

« Reply #33 on: Apr 19, 2005, 12:05 AM »
I tried getting one for 3 hours that was significantly larger than the 22 inch fish i did catch, threw every fly I had, it rose to a big old hopper a couple times and chased a bugger but did not take, man was it frustrating.
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2005, 09:24 PM »
My biggest native fish out of a small stream was a brookie a bit over 12" from a stream that over the summer couldn't be more than a trickle except under the waterfalls  and in some of the holes.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

jacksmelt

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2005, 02:44 PM »
had a 14in brookie holding under a flat rock in a small brook 2yrds wide. would hit my sinker instead of my worm, so i pinched my sinker on the hook and wham! i got that sucker. the biggest ive gotten in a small brook. got a 12in. landlock sal. a few hundred yards down stream a few years before. must have alot of feed for them to come up from the river like that.

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2005, 02:03 PM »
I love fishing those small streams!!! Especially way up in the woods where very few people go.  ;D

Brook Trout-17" Adirondack creek ;)

Brown Trout-21" 9mile Creek Camillus

Rainbow Trout-19" Kayderosseras Creek

Two out of the 3 were on the fly rod which makes it even more memorable for me! Hope this year is as good as last year on the streams and rivers.....

Robb

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.