FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: best line  (Read 14244 times)

Hood

Re: best line
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 07:10 AM »
I too find the new formula of trilene XL to be quite brittle and not very durable.

I did not know there is a new formula, it is my mono of choice and have not noticed a difference yet but will pay more attention, I use 6 lb in low-vis green. Hey mack if you have any more info on the new formula and it being brittle please let me know!  :)
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

jacksmelt

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2005, 05:33 PM »
you guys might think im nuts but ive tried almost everything mentioned here and one day my line got tangled real bad . i had no extra line so my friend gave me a spool of 6lb shakespere omniflex. reluctantly i spooled it on and its awesome! it casts great, has good abrasion resistance an you can get 600 yrs for 2 bucks!  trust me i fish ALOT! and ive put it through the tests. save your money and give it a try. youll never spend 7 bucks for line again. tight lines!

wormwigglr

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2005, 12:35 PM »
where do you get omniflex at?

jacksmelt

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2005, 02:35 PM »
i think it was walmart. got 15 trout from 18in. down to 13. on 6lb. onmiflex and a med. action pole while trolling three days ago. no problems.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #34 on: Oct 05, 2005, 03:41 PM »
6 lbs. test floroclear

keva

« Reply #35 on: Apr 16, 2006, 09:04 PM »
I'm an odd man out here. 6lb fireline, I have tried berkley vanish and it was alright, but braided line has saved me countless lures. If anyone thinks it is too visible I would beg to differ. I go fishing with my brother a lot and he uses berkley 6 lb vanish. And we normally use the same lures, normally a bit different color pattern, we stay about even each trip, but I have been out a lot this year with no lure losses. Last year I began with vanish and I lost at least a lure each day out.  I am fishing very clear streams and my line just disappears.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #36 on: Apr 23, 2006, 01:57 PM »
i think i may have changed my mind. Rapala finesse has been good to me. 6lb

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

King Fisher

• Born to FISH forced to WORK!
« Reply #37 on: Jun 12, 2006, 04:00 PM »
I didn't see anything special in the Berkley Vanish or the fireline.  I do like the trilene XL, it has been very good.  I have also used the silk, it is ok but im going to stick with the XL!!!

BottomDweller

• team wyoming
« Reply #38 on: Jun 20, 2006, 11:24 PM »
I prefer original stren for river fishing in six pound test....
Original stren seems to have the best combination of strength and castability than any mono line I have tried.

there you go... now somebody is on the right track.  stren 6-8# for casting, and some strong 12-15# flourocarbon stuff for vertical jigging so as to eliminate the stretch on deep hook-sets and to provide the necessary backbone for hauling in the big macks.
--~~as long as it's just a slow leak... i'm not worried~~--

--~~softwater pirates afloat on wyoming's high seas~~--

BottomDweller

• team wyoming
« Reply #39 on: Jun 20, 2006, 11:28 PM »
I have only used the Pline Floroclear for icefishing but it's kickass in my book.  Tough stuff. 
yep, P-Line is the flourocarbon 15# that i use for snagging and holding those heavy lakers while i'm ice-fishing or just vertical jigging from the boat.  no stretch, strong as hell, and extremely low memory, not to mention a low diameter compared to similar test lines.  $12 a 300yd spool, but i don't really consider that very important when it delivers all of the above.
--~~as long as it's just a slow leak... i'm not worried~~--

--~~softwater pirates afloat on wyoming's high seas~~--

nefarious_1

« Reply #40 on: Apr 20, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Anybody try the new Trilene trans-optic?  It's orange in the sunlight and clear underwater so you can see your line. 
The guy that owns one of the local baitshops around here told me about, said a lot of people have been asking for it.
Anyone?

Got2FishToo

« Reply #41 on: Apr 28, 2010, 02:15 PM »
I got new set ups coming and I am going to put that on them, and may even change out one other also. I have seen it in use on a buddies reels he likes it, he fishes a lot so if  it works great for him it will be fine for me.

trans-optic that is

slipperybob

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Asso Tetramax...too bad they only come in 100 yrd pony spools, but for 3# or 4# test on a little reel, it's just fine.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.