FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Some of us don't have to follow the rules I guess...  (Read 2218 times)

taxid

Some of us don't have to follow the rules I guess...
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:25 AM »
My nephew and his 8 year old son borrowed my boat and were on Eagle Lake in Noble County yesterday. It's an electric motors only lake.  Apparently three boats didn't think that applied to them including a big bass boat with a 115 horse motor on it.  >:(  They were all using their outboards.

(Correction: only one boat was using his outboard. I misunderstood)

What made it worse is the bass boat seemed to think he owned the lake and crowded my nephew out of two spots as my nephew was struggling to get to them with the electric motor. Then as my nephew headed for the ramp he cut him off.

I've reported it and they can get the details from my nephew. If I would have been there I would have gotten boat numbers and exact descriptions etc. The bass boat owner drove a red Dodge Ram pickup according to my nephew.

What is wrong with some people?

BTW I was at the access site earlier in the day to check things out and filled a half a trash bag with McDonald's and Dairy Queen refuse -- again.  
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Boomer

Re: Some of us don't have to follow the rules I guess...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 04:52 PM »
Also remind your nephew of 1-800-TIP-IDNR. (You can also call the local sheriff's office to contact the nearest C.O.

High Flags

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 06:45 PM »
sometimes you cant fix stupid...

taxid

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Also remind your nephew of 1-800-TIP-IDNR. (You can also call the local sheriff's office to contact the nearest C.O.

Sent an email and filled out a form. Gave my nephew's phone as contact and gave him a heads up he might get a call. He did and so did I. It's on their radar.  Very professional and definitely interested in what we had to say.

We'll both be on the lookout and will take down boat numbers, vehicle plates etc. next time. Unfortunately I don't have a cell phone for pics but will bring my camera from now on. If I run into someone that has an issue with me taking a picture I can take care of myself but won't provoke a confrontation.

It wouldn't be a big deal but one of the reasons I fish this lake is the electric motors only. I go there to escape all the people with their jet skies and big motors flying around in all directions. Not my thing. I'm an introvert and that's how I charge my batteries.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 09:30 PM »

I consider it more arrogant than stupid.

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 04:48 AM »
Also, I just found out at work that there is a new breed of them that we like to call a "special kind of stupid" so watch out they are out there!

bigr

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 11:32 AM »
A few years ago during a seminar for the crappie USA final at KY lake a rep for events on KY lake spoke and made the comment that bass fishermen are a different breed when it come to behavior and mentality, very rude and arrogant compared to crappie fishermen. Seems like from what I've experience the bigger fancier their rig the bigger the ego's. I know that's not the case with all but a lot. The ones that make themselves seen are usually in one of the high dollar rigs. Those rigs need a lot more space than most Indiana waters can provide.   

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 11:59 AM »
It's a lot like the "special breed of idiot" that drives what they consider to be an expensive car and they act like they own the road, and that laws don't apply to them when they drive.

I agree, you can't fix stupid, and in some cases arrogance, but the law can surely teach them an expensive lesson when they get caught!!!

One of my greatest joys is when I'm out fishing in my kayak, and one of these "special idiots" blows by thinking they'll beat me to whatever spot they think I'm going to, only to find that where I'm going to they cannot go!

On one popular river here in MA, there are a number of shallow weedy coves that can harbor some of the larger fish around.
Canoes, rowboats and kayaks can easily access these places while "special people" boats cannot due to the weeds.

I relish the fact that I can find many of these waters where others don't go, and find trophy fish!

Nowadays, when I head out, I rarely have anyone crowding me, and the others I encounter are there for the same reasons as me, so we will end up exchanging fish stories and tips we have found that work on those particular waters.

Hopefully your future excursions will be much better!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

taxid

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 11:10 AM »
You're right about those spots that are hard to get into being good for catching larger fish. One summer I worked as a biologist aid and we electroschocked some really shallow algae choked areas on the one reservoir that most anglers probably avoided. I was shocked at the size of the bass that were in that slop that would have been next to impossible to fish or even get into.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.