FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How BIG????  (Read 5964 times)

Badgermilk27

How BIG????
« on: Apr 04, 2007, 05:18 PM »
How big do rock bass get in MN?
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Hard ice

Re: How BIG????
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2007, 08:16 PM »
not to sure why ?

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2007, 10:09 PM »
How big do rock bass get in MN?

;D rockbass.

Id assume its pretty much the same as in michigan. Their commonly caught 4-8" but do reach sizes of 10-12"

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Badgermilk27

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2007, 12:42 PM »
not to sure why ?
   I need a reason for throwing a spinnerbait in the local waters around here without getting told I can't by the game wardens...so I am "fishing for perch and rockbass" and not largemouth and northerns...ps...I catch and release so no worries about me keeping illegal fish!!
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2007, 01:36 PM »
   I need a reason for throwing a spinnerbait in the local waters around here without getting told I can't by the game wardens...so I am "fishing for perch and rockbass" and not largemouth and northerns...ps...I catch and release so no worries about me keeping illegal fish!!

try the crappies, they like to hit mepps :D

Fishing is life

MIRC!

CAPTJJ

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2007, 01:40 PM »
So you are looking for an excuse to keep fishing for out of season fish, which the wardens are telling you is illegal. ???

Naples iceman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2007, 07:24 PM »
caught a 12 incher once

crappiekeith

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2007, 03:51 PM »
So you are looking for an excuse to keep fishing for out of season fish, which the wardens are telling you is illegal. ???

If they deem you to be fishing for a spieces out of season ,you will be ticketed no matter what you say.
I've checked into that one!

Badgermilk27

« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2007, 04:56 PM »
I fished for crappie yesterday with a small spinnerbait and caught 2 nice bass, does that mean I was illegal in my pursuit of a legal fish?  I think not.  I realize though that interpretation is in the eyes of those with the power to enforce it, so I think I will keep on keeping on with my spinnerbait and crappie minnows until someone important tells me otherwise.

crappiekeith

« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2007, 10:26 AM »
I fished for crappie yesterday with a small spinnerbait and caught 2 nice bass, does that mean I was illegal in my pursuit of a legal fish?  I think not.  I realize though that interpretation is in the eyes of those with the power to enforce it, so I think I will keep on keeping on with my spinnerbait and crappie minnows until someone important tells me otherwise.

I did get with the DNR & they told me what I'm telling you.
Go see for yourself ,call your DNR.
You asked the question,I just responded trying to keep you from being ticketed.
Good luck with the ignorance defense!

Badgermilk27

« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2007, 11:21 AM »
Open season soon enough anyway...honestly, thank you for the enlightenment.  Tight Lines

crappiekeith

« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I just hate to see anyone giving up hard earned cash & being hassled if they do not have to be.
I live north of you a few hours and have seen too many things to know that if the CO is having an off day ,you'll pay.He may be a young CO and trying to set the world record in arrests.
It's truely up to their discreation.
I'm glad you listened to reason.
Example
My co worker was in a boat on the dock & her 10 year old son wanted to fish so she took the rod which was all tangled up with other rods. As she was getting them seperated a hook with no bait on it lowered into the water from the rod she was getting untangled.
A DNR CO came up to her and asked for her liscence.She said I do not fish.He said is that hook in the water of that pole you are holding. She said yes .He ticketed her.
She then went to court & fought the citation which she won ,but she still lost a days pay & gas money & it was embarrasing for her.

My rule is to never ever let them throw the flag & cry foul!
You loose either way!

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2007, 02:46 PM »
There's a few lakes they get really big.  Nobody in MN targets 'em.  I know of one in particular where I grew up that we frequently get 'em over 2lbs. 
Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2007, 09:38 PM »
I got one 3.5lbs once..........

Yes I know :P

No I didn't take a picture or anything. :'(

Brainerd lakes area June 98 ::)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2007, 09:45 PM »
There's a few lakes they get really big.  Nobody in MN targets 'em.  I know of one in particular where I grew up that we frequently get 'em over 2lbs. 

You bring one of those 2lb + rockies into the DNR and you will get your name in the book. :o
I think that record would fall if someone cared about those dirty sunfish! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.