FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boat recommendations  (Read 865 times)

fishinator

Boat recommendations
« on: Sep 08, 2021, 03:50 PM »
The last couple years I have started fishing lake michigan a little. I currently have a 16' mod v aluminum boat. I'm thinking I need to upgrade if I want to be able to get out in the lake farther and more often. I also panfish at several trolling motor only lakes so I don't want to go too big. Having 2 boats really isn't an option. Any suggestions?

Spooled85

Re: Boat recommendations
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2021, 04:34 PM »
I have a lund Alaskan deep v 20-footer it's got high sides on it but not high enough to where you still can't reach the water. I've had my boat on Lake Erie and Lake Michigan numerous times . And in the same week on Willow Slough. I fish a lot of shallow lakes myself and trolling motor only lakes. One being potato Creek my trolling motor has no problems pulling my big boat around that Lake for a whole day of fishing. I've had it over a foot of water and I can stand it up and run with a 90 horse and two and a half foot of water best boat I've ever had

filetandrelease

Re: Boat recommendations
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2021, 05:15 PM »
 There are many options , if I was to down size I’d try a 1775. Lund ,115 merc  with a 80 lb terova , I’ve jigged out of my buds in 2 + footers with no problems , but Lund isn’t the only boat maker that have sea worthy models

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.