FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: September Cabin Trip  (Read 1533 times)

Hexagenia51

September Cabin Trip
« on: Sep 17, 2021, 07:05 PM »
Went to the Cabin last Thursday and came home Monday. Good trip over all but the fishing wasn’t as good as the earlier trips. Probably because of the fact that there aren’t many bugs hatching now and could have been the moon phase also. I fished three times, the first day was pretty tough I only caught one fish, but got better the next couple times. I kept six trout for some friends that wanted some to eat, generally I only keep a couple for myself and I released the rest. Most fish were taken on small parachute adams flys. Here’s some pictures, enjoy they’re beautiful browns in spawning colors. Hex

wallin

Re: September Cabin Trip
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2021, 07:47 PM »
Nice you got the trip in.
Better than setting at home, Congrats.
Wallin

natahka72

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2021, 08:12 PM »
Pretty fish!! Heading up to the Wellston area on Sunday.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2021, 04:33 AM »
Nice looking trout..👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2021, 11:10 AM »
Good job Hex!
I was to go up to Crystal Falls this past week but because of surgery had to cancel. Hopefulluy next year!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2021, 11:37 AM »
Thanks guys! Hope to make it up the last week of September since trout season ends then and will winterize and close up the place till next year. I’ll post another report when it happens. Natahka72 you fishing in Wellston area? I didn’t see any salmon in the Little Man when we were up if that’s what you’re after(FYI). Hex

zwiggles

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2021, 04:11 PM »
Nice trout!

rivereddy

« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2021, 07:16 PM »
Nice trouts, the UP ?

Hexagenia51

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Nice trouts, the UP ?
No Lower. My cabin is near Irons. May be up for sale next year, we’re planning on moving to Oregon in the near future if things work out. Hex

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Sep 21, 2021, 09:35 AM »
I was up in northeastern Michigan the 13th through the 19th and couldn't believe how warm it was including the water. No significant run of salmon up the Thunder bay River yet while I was there as the water was close to 70 F.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hexagenia51

« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2021, 10:25 AM »
Hey Taxid haven’t talked to you for a while! I just checked a website in Baldwin and it looks like the kings are in the P M River pretty good. But the shop owner is guiding in the lower river not up in the fly water. The little man didn’t have any salmon in that I saw, I checked a couple accesses near Irons when we were up September 9-13. Hope you’re doing well and talk to you later! Hex

filetandrelease

« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2021, 10:34 AM »

Nice browns , 👍

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Sep 21, 2021, 05:19 PM »
Hey Taxid haven’t talked to you for a while! I just checked a website in Baldwin and it looks like the kings are in the P M River pretty good. But the shop owner is guiding in the lower river not up in the fly water. The little man didn’t have any salmon in that I saw, I checked a couple accesses near Irons when we were up September 9-13. Hope you’re doing well and talk to you later! Hex

Was told Thunder Bay's run on the east side of the state is later due to lots of slower moving water above the d**n that stays warmer longer and the bay itself stays warmer. But still no run this time of year seems late.

Doing fine. Back to the old grind trying to get caught up.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.