FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Portajohns at public access locked?  (Read 2738 times)

taxid

Portajohns at public access locked?
« on: Nov 11, 2021, 08:55 AM »
Drove an hour to fish a lake and had to pee like a racehorse when I got to the public access.  Ran to the portajohnn and it had a cable around it with a pad lock! Needless to say I wipped 'er out right there and let 'er rip. Right out in front of all the cottages!  :rotflol:

I guess next time I'll bring something to discreetly pee in. I'm gettin' old. Used not even have to pee fishing all day. Now everytime I turn around I have to pee!

Is this typical this time of year? Are they picking them up? Can't they leave them functional until they pick them up?

I guess I shouldn't complain too much as I can remember when there were no portajohns.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

Re: Portajohns at public access locked?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2021, 09:09 AM »
Never seen this happen. I know that there were many times I had to look for leaves to finish the job. oops...

LundProv

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2021, 09:37 AM »
Abish.. you need to be a bit more creative my friend...  Foreign leaves may leave a rash... that is why God gave you two socks...

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2021, 10:24 AM »
Abish.. you need to be a bit more creative my friend...  Foreign leaves may leave a rash... that is why God gave you two socks...

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2021, 10:24 AM »
Never seen this happen. I know that there were many times I had to look for leaves to finish the job. oops...

:sick:   :rotflol:

fishinator

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2021, 11:14 AM »
Had a friend that needed to go at an inopportune time while heading out to canoe. . Had sandals so no socks. Didn't want to rip sleeves off for fear of sunburn so he ripped the bottom several inches off his t-shirt.  A couple friends showed up a little while later. Asked me what was up with his half shirt. I just told them I had no idea, just something he recently started doing. Was several uncomfortable hours later before they heard the story.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2021, 05:04 PM »
I feel like it is pretty common for them to lock them anymore. I have seen it quite often over the pay fee years

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2021, 05:24 PM »
I feel like it is pretty common for them to lock them anymore. I have seen it quite often over the pay fee years

Are you in Indiana? If not, here in Indiana they are provided free of charge at all our public access sites.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2021, 05:58 PM »
Are you in Indiana? If not, here in Indiana they are provided free of charge at all our public access sites.

Fat fingers. I meant past few years

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2021, 07:27 AM »
Have a friend that has worn two pairs of socks for years, just for that very reason! We call him, "Two Socks"!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2021, 09:57 AM »
Have a friend that has worn two pairs of socks for years, just for that very reason! We call him, "Two Socks"!
Teach
Good one Teach! Lol Hex

billyex99

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2021, 05:24 PM »
Had the same thing happen to me last week. When I was backing the boat in I noticed the portapot was still there and went on out. Had to go pretty bad coming in  but knew I had time to make it to the launch. Got out and made it all the way there before I saw the small cable and lock. Went back to the boat a lot faster than I left and got out a half gallon milk jug I keep for that purpose.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2021, 05:27 PM »
You guys better have your prostrate checked..  Or stop drinking so much beer..... :rotflol: :rotflol: :whistling:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gilldan

« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2021, 07:31 PM »
They usually lock them up at the end of Oct. every year.   Just be glad you have them from May to Oct.  Better than it used to be years ago.

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2021, 08:26 PM »
They usually lock them up at the end of Oct. every year.   Just be glad you have them from May to Oct.  Better than it used to be years ago.

Yeah a friend just told me they lock them up November 1st. And I do remember when we didn't have them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.