FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Lake Michigan perch...  (Read 1318 times)

LundProv

Merry Christmas and Lake Michigan perch...
« on: Dec 24, 2021, 10:00 PM »
Good evening friends and Merry Christmas... Oldest son and I hit Lake Michigan this morning about 7, taking advantage of the 45 degree morning temperature.  We launched uneventfully out of Hammond and headed up to the 87th(?) street slip.  There were a variety of people and cultures lined each side of the steel wall embankment pitching and retrieving perch rigs.  Success was random and an occasional lake trout was also caught.  We had two limits of nice perch that will compliment our traditional Christmas dinner tomorrow with the largest perch right at 12" and the smallest being pretty darn small.  All in all a great way to spend Christmas eve morning on the water fishing with my oldest boy and reminiscing about all the winter Lake Michigan fishing we have done in the past.  Clothing is so much better today and I think our boat is also more reliable or perhaps we take better care of it now.  I clearly remember taking him out when he was in elementary school and beyond and listening to the lectures from both his mom and both grandmas about safety and the water temperature and the wind and the risks but somehow, someway, by the grace of God, we survived and made memories.  It is very gratifying to have the roles reversed now where he tends to tell me what and where and while I listen, I sometimes even pay attention.  He is a very good fisherman and a joy to hang out with.  I respect his profession as a hospital pharmacist but sympathize with him regarding the dilemma our hospitals are currently in with short supply of pharmaceuticals and staff.  Listening to him juggle the pressures of the hospital pharmacy with our covid crisis and balancing three little ones under the age of seven made me appreciate his maturity all the more. These opportunities to get out and enjoy each others company and experiences seem more and more difficult to arrange but worth the effort.  If you have the time and if the weather holds, I would encourage you to get out and enjoy this winter season of fishing before the ice comes.  The perch fishing in the Cal Harbor area is pretty easy with a good launch at Hammond. 

taxid

Re: Merry Christmas and Lake Michigan perch...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2021, 11:12 PM »
Thanks for sharing.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2021, 11:27 PM »
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope this new year is better for all.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2021, 10:52 AM »
Great you have the opportunity and the where with all to spend time with your son on the Big Lake and make new memories! Take advantage of it whenever you can! I have fondest memories with my deceased son on the water. Can't take that away.
Merriest of Christmas to all!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2021, 05:25 PM »
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope this new year is better for all.

Thank you and here's back at ya.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Daybreak

« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2021, 06:45 AM »
Sounds like a great day.  Thanks for sharing. 
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

wallin

« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2021, 11:42 PM »
Fish On
Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.