FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Got my mount back!!!!  (Read 16163 times)

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Got my mount back!!!!
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2009, 04:14 PM »
Classic dude. Classic.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

mainedukblaster

« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2009, 07:39 PM »
no matter how funny this post was, Perch are still Eagle food in my eyes!  :evil:

fishfins

« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Well, thanks for confirming that what I thought from the beginning was correct. Don't know that I'd identify myself as a "closet taxidermist"  :D  but I do stuff quite a few fish as a hobby.. The freezer burn perch was easy to detect. I've probably got a few similar to it in my freezer.   
And here's to the dude's in Maine who refer to perch as eagle food...... 

mainedukblaster

« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2009, 09:18 PM »
 :P :P :P :P :P

taxid

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2009, 11:05 PM »
Closet taxidermists? That's a new one. I've heard of hacksidermists and basement bandits though.  ;D

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2009, 11:06 AM »
Alright Guys! We have had enough fun with this!

Neither mount was mine, but I will explain:

There was another post about a girl posting pics of her fathers perch mounts that he just got back and all the "Closet Taxidermists" came out and gave their opinion. Alot of the posts were negative, fin position, gloss, paint, etc. Well right after that, one of my buddies had a fish fry at his house and of course there was a little drinking going on. In his garage was a perch that he planned to mount, but he caught two bigger fish right after and decided to hold off on the first one. Well it spent the whole winter and spring in his freezer unprotected and the result was basically a freeze dried perch. After that, it hung around the garage all summer and last winter, falling and breaking fins or whatever. Well at the party I saw the fish and decided that it would be funny as hell to take a picture of it on a piece of the "firewood" and post it on here and get your opinions of my recently mounted fish. I never expected to read so many funny responses. I laughed out loud so many different times and I could hardly wait to get home and read your replies everyday!!!
Hopefully you all enjoyed it and got a good laugh, I wish you could have seen how hard we were laughing when we took the picture of it.

Later,
PP
Excellent! :laugh:
I knew there was no way this could be for real. This post is the definition of instant classic. 8)
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.