FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: what does your name mean?  (Read 58240 times)

Slimechaser

• A sconni lawn ornament.
Re: what does your name mean?
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Although it could be construed as having something to do with chasing women (lol)... That's not actually the case. All fish are a little slimy, but my favorites to catch are pike and musky, which seem a little slimier than most. Thus the handle slimechaser!
Rockbass - not just another pretty fish!
Got nymph?         I do!

hookemandcookem

« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2006, 03:31 PM »
Mine means exactly what I like to do with my fish...hookem and cookem
HookemandCookem

boatnik13

« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2006, 09:10 PM »
The name is from the movie (boatniks) but your going to have to be over  atleast 40 to remember that movie.  My kids would try to steer the boat just as the boatniks did and that means everyone out of the water as we tried to troll. #13 was just the luck I'd  have with my girlfriend (now my wife for 24 yrs) as I ducked every cast she made fishing for musky/bass yet always got smacked with them lures no matter  how low I ducked.   Fixed that years ago!

Left Handed Model

• I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2006, 09:54 PM »
Mine has to do with what I have to look for when ordering my fishing gear....  The Left Handed Model... ;D   The Lefty comes from college.  There where 10 Mikes that lived in my building, so we all got nicknames,  my roommate thought it strange to use the left hand so he started an organization against me called P.A.L. -- People against Lefty.
Mike aka: Lefty, the Yellow Pole Guy..GO TEAM MAINE!!
"Do unto others, as you would have done to you"

pizalm

• drop the hammer
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2006, 02:34 AM »
I saw it somewhere when i was like 10 and used it for every forum since. No idea what it actually means.

Whiteshell Bound

« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2006, 02:59 AM »
Whiteshell is a provincial park in MB and I am there almost every weekend once the snow is gone ;D

tip-uptwo

« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2006, 06:15 AM »
My name is tip-up on local forums but ''Tip-up'' was takin on this site and ice shanty already! I guess that makes me tip-uptwo :D

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2006, 09:59 PM »
Great Thread, with some unique and interesting names, keep them comming. ;D

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

pirkaus

• Have you ever been too drunk to fish?
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2006, 06:06 AM »
pirkaus is a nickname that I got in highschool (too long ago)
I drank copious amounts of alcohol and pirkuas is Pirkey turned Greek
They made me the Greek god of alcohol
Save the comments about who the real gods are my friends superseded them ;D
If the rule is 5 fish or 5 pounds, what if the 5th fish weighs 5 pounds?

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2006, 04:46 PM »
the boat i fish from is bluuu everything i like is bluuu the boat is a 67 larsenits old i'm almost old bluuu is my favorite color maybe i'm bluuu sometimes bluuuu bluuuu bluuu!

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2006, 09:31 PM »
Mine is from my days of RC Boat racing . There were some rule changes and things coming up to vote on and you had to be a club to get a vote. A bunch of us from Maine needed to form a club real quick . We all ran gas boats not nitro so we came up with GasBlasters of Maine . I just took it from that and use it as an online name about everywhere. I have also been known to raise a stink every now and then .  ;D ;D 

Mine has to do with what I have to look for when ordering my fishing gear....  The Left Handed Model... ;D   The Lefty comes from college.  There where 10 Mikes that lived in my building, so we all got nicknames,  my roommate thought it strange to use the left hand so he started an organization against me called P.A.L. -- People against Lefty.

Are you sure it's not the brand of cigarette you smoke ??    lol

buddah was a nickname i picked up in high school cause i have big earlobes.it stuck.now only very close people know my real name.using buddah is easier now.i'm not a buddhist.i am a buddrinker

Maybe you don't have to be so close .

oldken

• oldken
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2006, 04:58 PM »
my name is ken and i'm old [73]  thus old ken

Fishingking

« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2006, 05:20 PM »
quite simple my name is ken and i'm old [73]

Its all good Ken you said the same thing  back in april :) I just remember seeing it before :)
I am just glad you still get out there and fish. My grandfather is 82 years old and he still drives himself around, goes grocery shopping, VA hospital. He lives upstairs above our garage and still walks up and down them. OH and he was out last week hoing up a bunch of weeds/roots  :)

oh My name is random, decided on it when I signed up. I like too fish and feel I am a decent fisherman :) and no i do not fish for king salmon :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

grumpymoe

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2006, 07:02 PM »
I remember joining Iceshanty, and when the window appeared for screen name, it just came to me. grumpymoe was what I first registered as. one of my favourite movies was grumpy old men. once I got to meet a few members, it didnt take long for the name to get shortened to just Grump....heck, I dont know anyone here or on other sites, that call me by my nickname which is Moe  ;D

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2006, 07:17 PM »
I know I've done this before but for the benefit of our new members

adk= adirondack mountains
Roy= my middle name

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.