FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Room Full of MOUNTS!!  (Read 3832 times)

troutaddict33

Room Full of MOUNTS!!
« on: Jul 23, 2008, 03:27 PM »
I wish i could say this was my basement. This is a friend of my father's house. These pics are in half the basement. The other half is full of small game and birds. These were taken from all over the world. H'es sold a lot others to make more room.
Left and Right Side of Room(fish on far wall)

Weird Caribou he shot. He only saw one side sticking out from behind a tree and shot it. Once he got to it only one side was huge and the other was small hence he has the side looking mount.

African Kudu

World Record Red Stag (9th??) shot in Scotland and mounted with the branch that was in it's rack

One of 2 Moose that won't fit into the house. (Sorry For the Quality its a cell phone pic)

ENJOY!!

jibbs

Re: Room Full of MOUNTS!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2008, 05:26 PM »
you don't think that guy has a good job do you...........can you imagine what he pays for the trip to hunt these guys or fish for these guys and then pay the money to get it mounted......impressive though........my lady would of freaked out........lastly, i would of made room for that moose........its the coolest animal on that wall...........my opinion of course............plus i am from nh and we love our moose..........
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Bill P

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2008, 05:32 PM »
lucky!

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2008, 05:42 PM »
I have four fish mounts so far.. Rainbow trout, Brown trout, Steelhead, King Salmon...

My wife thinks thats too many :-\   I can only imagine what she would say to a room like this :D

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Holy S.  Just the money he has in mounts would pay off my truck... twice.  If you don't mind me asking, how old is he?  I ask because I hope that when I get to a certain point in life, I can have just a handful of those trophies I bagged myself in my camp or cabin.  That's for sharing, it's impressive although depressing at the same time.  hahaha  :D
Live free or die trying.

troutaddict33

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2008, 07:31 AM »
I think those mounts would pay off your truck 4 times lol... remember they all had to be shipped to him from different countries also. He's in his late 60's i think he might be 70 actually. He was a builder that was obviously pretty successful. Oh and as for his wife, she hunts nearly as much as him. Almost all of those mounts are his but a few are his wife's. She shot that giraffe when it was on it's last days of life and that doe next to the red stag was her first deer. He has his pictures in record books at his house and even that pigme deer thing laying down mounted is a world class size animal for it's species. Look carefully and you can see how many mounts there really are. A lot are hiding behind others you can't even see but you can see parts of faces/chins etc of other animals. There's even like 12 different types of sheep mounted.

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2008, 11:28 AM »
i guess the guy is livin the dream!

rpc55

• aka "Bonehead"
« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Very impressive, but it all looks too cluttered, a bigger room and the collection would be even more impressive, IMO.

Ya i'm jealous.  ;D

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2008, 02:07 PM »
poor old moose gets stuck in the garage :(

gfisher95

• every day is a good day when your fishing
« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2009, 11:48 AM »
thats alot of mounts nice ones too :o

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2009, 11:57 AM »
I can't imaging having that kind of money to invest in exotic hunts and mounts but having that kind of vacation would be incredible !

maggot

• lil maggot on the shanty, OneShotWonder on MHF
« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Man that guy must love hunting and fishing.
Don't forget to search for slabs!

Natty

« Reply #12 on: Apr 12, 2009, 03:26 PM »
OK Who's been in my basement taking pictures.

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #13 on: Apr 12, 2009, 08:47 PM »
that is an increadable collection. i envy you!!!
hard core fanatic!

fishermantim4

« Reply #14 on: Apr 15, 2009, 09:22 AM »
im happy i got one mount on my wall for now. that basement looks like my taxidermist's basement
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.