FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thought I'd pop in and say hi (new pics added)  (Read 2145 times)

TrophyHunter

• 57.25" lake sturgeon
Thought I'd pop in and say hi (new pics added)
« on: Jun 17, 2009, 10:49 AM »
And of course post up a few pics.  ;D

31.25" PB

Deebsey

Re: Thought I'd pop in and say hi
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Looks like you are having a very good year.....Nice pictures.
A bad day fishing is a good excuse as to why your drunk

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2009, 08:27 PM »
now that looks like some fun fishing.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Was that walleye an incidental catch while fishing for kitties? Either way, great looking fish...I'm very jealous of those Red River monsters...BOING!

Spitfire

• A.K.A." Double-L" on I.S.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2009, 07:47 AM »
    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping:    Trophy Hunter, you need to post more often.....Love seeing those big cats......Looks like you have a honey hole, all to yourself.   AWESOME!......Lou
CATCH & RELEASE  "For Another Day"

TrophyHunter

• 57.25" lake sturgeon
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2009, 11:10 AM »
Was that walleye an incidental catch while fishing for kitties? Either way, great looking fish...I'm very jealous of those Red River monsters...BOING!

Zach that walleye definatly was an incidental catch on a 2" sucker steak while going after cats.  It was an awesome surprise!  :) Those fish are actually Assinniboine River monsters!  ;D The red's little sister.  ;) If you ever want to come up here and try er out let me know!!  8)

Glad you all like the pics I'll post up some more.

My catfishing reel decided that it wanted to die the other night!! Sarah, Gracie (the dog) and I went down to the river I had a feeling all day that the cats would be on and I was dead on!! The longest I had to wait for a bite was 30 seconds mostly small males but a few decent ones too. I started off with some frozen suckers that I had cast out and put my rod in the holder set the clicker and turned around to get sarah's pickeral rig set up with a piece of crawler I didn't even get the lid off the worm box before i heard the clicker... dinker cat not picture worthy. So I released him and put bait on for Sarah. She cast out and pretty much as soon as her bait hit bottom she got these.

Sweet fresh bait and a double mooneye on a pic rig. (she likes using pic rigs)
I was busy between catching small cats one after the other and rebaiting for Sarah who got these.

I finally got a couple decent cats. I caught lots but most were small.

After I got that last one I cast out and my reel started making an awful sound then when i went to reel in i could tell something inside was busted and it wouldn't wind in the line properly it's toast I'm sure i could get it fixed but i want to upgrade anyways. Sorry about the blur in the pics in all the action last night something got on the lens that i didn't notice until just now.

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
Re: Thought I'd pop in and say hi (new pics added)
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2009, 07:37 AM »
looks like you found a good cat house ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.