FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!  (Read 25711 times)

slipbob

Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!
« on: May 11, 2004, 08:32 AM »
Okay I'm going to try to keep an organized walleye thread going here with some photo documentation of my 2004 season efforts.  Last night was the 5th outing of the year and again the walleyes are hitting like mad.  I caught 8 total in 2 hours.  4 shorts and 4 keepers.  This weather we have now is perfect for fishing.  Warm southerly wind flow with some clouds and sunny breaks.  It doesn't get much better for the bite. Here's some photos from last night.
[/img]
A little shorty. 
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
The end result.
[/img]
[/img]
I will update as soon as more photos are available which should be tonight.

wny angler

Re: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 10:09 AM »
another nice catch slip bob           - i'd be afraid if i fished that much i might grow tired of fishing-then what would i do on the weekends  ,lol.  :o

wormwigglr

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 07:45 PM »
slipbob,
just wondering where you are getting those nice eyes from? are you fishing the canal?

Bartman44

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 05:39 AM »
Nice eyes Slipbob,

Still hitting them on artificials or bait? 

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 01:38 PM »
nice walleyes slipbob but lets see some big ones! (With all of the fishing you are doing for them its bound to happen, at least that's my attitude on it  ;D)

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2004, 04:53 AM »
now you are making me hungry. By the way, nice fish.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2004, 12:49 PM »

Thanks and tell me about it TFB.  Last fall out of about 200 walleye only one was over 5lbs.  The issue here is the lakes that have large walleye populations don't grow a big percentage of large fish.  The average eye around here is 18" or so.  Some fisheries will produce less fish overall but the ones caught are larger on average.  An example would be Lake Ontario where the walleye numbers are much smaller per acre but you have bigger fish that taste absolutely nasty.  It's the place to go if you want one over 10lbs but not to catch fish to eat. That's fine though a few nice 18" walleyes are a great catch in my book.  They are  my favorite to eat next to yellow perch.

Too bad they don't let you keep the smalleyes as you call them, they are the best eating ones, the ones around 14" anyway. The lake where I walleye fish you catch mostly smalleyes but  I've gotten some over 5lbs and one day icefishing my brother got a 10 pounder and a 7 pounder. You just have to put time on the water and eventually the biggens will come

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 11:57 PM »
Man I am just starving for some fresh walleye. Keep up the good work. Great pictures.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Grandpa Jack

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 01:49 PM »
Well at least I've got all the branches & twigs cleaned out. I got wood anyhow. My wife won't eat wood though. Slipbob keeps adding to the chronicles.I had a great time being out there with the master. He thinks like a walleye.

Cider

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 02:23 PM »
My wife won't eat wood though.

Ya have to put ketchup on it and tell her how much work it was for you to get it!  :P

fozsey

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 05:11 PM »
Whatever you do don't tell her how much per pound it was... :D

Slipbob,

Guard your spot like the best piece of @## (uummm chicken) you have ever had. I am not mad at ya, but then agian I live 1000 miles west of you and neither one of my poles are long enough to reach your guarded fish spot. Come to think of it they aren't long enough to....never mind. Nice fish.  ;D

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 05:24 PM »
I met up with Granpa Jack again this past Saturday for a evening walleye trip.  I ended up with 4 keepers and Jack lost one keeper.  We caught about 20 small walleyes and a couple of smallmouth bass.  Here's some pics of the bigger ones.  It was all my fault Grandpa Jack lost his keeper walleye because I commited a cardinal fishing sin,  I forgot the net.  :'(

Here if someone does that to someone else, they owe em' a walleye ;)

crappieman12887

« Reply #12 on: Jun 01, 2004, 11:34 PM »
there you are doing it again to me showing them pics,that it bob i am headed out as soon as i get of this cumputer got to get thejump on you grampa jack,and the old mister magnum.lol nice fish bill

crappieman12887

« Reply #13 on: Jun 03, 2004, 10:52 PM »
there you are doing it again to me showing them pics,that it bob i am headed out as soon as i get of this cumputer got to get thejump on you grampa jack,and the old mister magnum.lol nice fish bill

Thanks Bill.  I just got bad news I hear the crappies and walleyes are all caught and there is no need for you to go fishing.  Better just stay at home and leave them to me and Grandpa Jack.  :P
oh no i think you are pulling my leg,ya see i got a friend i think named mr magnum and he gives me the scoop and from the pictures you guy been posting i am keeping my ears and eyes on you two.ps i just hope jacks on my side and not really hanging out with you two,lol bill

Grandpa Jack

« Reply #14 on: Jun 04, 2004, 07:34 AM »

It sure is comfortable on Jacks pontoon boat isn't it Bill. It's nice to be able to take a nap until Jack wakes you up when the fish start biting again. Hey wake up Slipbob your pole is bending.Are you familar with the Tie area. I've got to ask you a question if you are. Snag um GJ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.