FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: TroutFishingBear's Trout of Fame (trout 7/3)  (Read 21445 times)

TroutFishingBear

Re: TroutFishingBear's 2004 Trout of Fame
« Reply #30 on: Oct 23, 2004, 06:04 PM »
Alright here's a few. Mostly from october but a few squeezed in from september as well.
Pics are mostly from colorado river (10pics 4 rainbows 6 browns), 1 from leon lake (brookie), 2 from juniata reservoir (1 walleye, 1 scenery), and 1 from jerry creek reservoir#1 (largemouth)
All fish shown were released except for the brookie and the 3 (actually 5 walleyes, only 3 in pic). Those mentioned were given a good home in my stomach ;)
average rainbow on the colorado caught on a bounced crawler
[/img]
nice 20" fat brown
[/img]
16" brown
[/img]
fat 16" rainbow
[/img]
beautifully colored fat little 15" bow
[/img]
fat 18" brown
[/img]
16" brown
[/img]
what would've been a beautiful picture of a fat 18" brown, turned out to be a pic of my thumb
[/img]
20" brown
[/img]
a 19" walleye, and 2 13" walleye caught by me. 3 of 5 kept that day
[/img]

my walleye reservoir scenery
[/img]
skinny 16" largemouth
[/img]
about a 12 " brookie (little over)
[/img]
round it off with a fat 18" bow
grrr. this pic screwed up I will get it up shortly at another time because I don't want to dig through pictures now to find it.

As always more to come!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #31 on: Oct 24, 2004, 06:13 AM »

Nice fish TFB, but what is that you set them on to take the pic?  It looks like a toilet. ???
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #32 on: Oct 24, 2004, 06:51 PM »

Nice fish TFB, but what is that you set them on to take the pic?  It looks like a toilet. ???

I guess it sort of does. It is the seat of my personal pontoon boat thing.

The Rocket

« Reply #33 on: Oct 24, 2004, 07:09 PM »
Great Fish TBear.
You gotta take me with ;D
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #34 on: Oct 25, 2004, 06:26 PM »
Great Fish TBear.

I'd like to rocket! If we could ever get together this winter (early nov-mid feb.) that is when the fishing on the colorado river really heats up! Especially in my secret hole, the only hole I know of that doesn't get frozen over in the winter because of a class 3 rapid above it. The huge, and I mean HUGE rainbows stack there in the winter. average day is anywhere from 15 (rare to be that slow) and 50 (happened 4 times in last 3 years that I myself topped 50 in one day). Bows average 3-9 lbs. in the winter with many above that mark possible. (if you read a few of my posts a 20+ pounder broke my line about 5 feet from the bank in jan. 2004) Only a few browns, and mostly small, are caught during the winter in this hole because it happens to have a sandy bottom which only rainbows like.  The huge browns are on the other, more rocky side which I happen to not like as much because the bank is all rocks and icy and slippery and the river there is snaggy as h*ll. The late fall and early winter months when the weather is the coldest is the best time to fish the colorado river as especially my first post can attest to.

The Rocket

« Reply #35 on: Oct 25, 2004, 06:54 PM »
Great Fish TBear.

I'd like to rocket! If we could ever get together this winter (early nov-mid feb.) that is when the fishing on the colorado river really heats up! Especially in my secret hole, the only hole I know of that doesn't get frozen over in the winter because of a class 3 rapid above it. The huge, and I mean HUGE rainbows stack there in the winter. average day is anywhere from 15 (rare to be that slow) and 50 (happened 4 times in last 3 years that I myself topped 50 in one day). Bows average 3-9 lbs. in the winter with many above that mark possible. (if you read a few of my posts a 20+ pounder broke my line about 5 feet from the bank in jan. 2004) Only a few browns, and mostly small, are caught during the winter in this hole because it happens to have a sandy bottom which only rainbows like.  The huge browns are on the other, more rocky side which I happen to not like as much because the bank is all rocks and icy and slippery and the river there is snaggy as h*ll. The late fall and early winter months when the weather is the coldest is the best time to fish the colorado river as especially my first post can attest to.

Sounds awesome Tbear!!!! Would a "Pocket Rocket" work? There a little plastic grub that I make. They are about as long as a standard tube jig, they are solid plastic, and the are about as round as a pencil. I have cought many Bluegill, bass, Crappie and a few trout through the ice with them.
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #36 on: Oct 26, 2004, 05:48 PM »
It would probably work pretty well if you could fish it really deep and slow. I have caught a good number of river trout on jigs.

jf5

« Reply #37 on: Oct 26, 2004, 05:57 PM »
Awesome fish man!! I work d**n hard  here in New England to catch wild trout over 20" and average about one or two every fall. (Except lakers)  So those are awesome pics!!

Gilles

« Reply #38 on: Oct 26, 2004, 06:28 PM »
Great pics TFB, keep them coming!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #39 on: Oct 27, 2004, 04:40 PM »
Alright lets see if I can fix the picture that screwed up last time.
Nice 18" fat rainbow

[/img]

The Rocket

« Reply #40 on: Oct 27, 2004, 04:44 PM »
Great Pics TBear ;D In the one pic with the Bass, Is that a Sky Sox shirt?

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #41 on: Oct 27, 2004, 04:46 PM »
Great Pics TBear ;D In the one pic with the Bass, Is that a Sky Sox shirt?
Nah white sox shirt from when I was in little league a couple years ago.

TroutFishingBear

Re: TroutFishingBear's Trout of Fame
« Reply #42 on: Nov 28, 2004, 10:00 PM »
Bad news TroutofFame fans, I had a throwaway camera with 25 pictures taken, 20 of them were of my fish, almost all of them were rainbows between 3-7 lbs. The camera was lost (hope we can still find it) by my brother after he took a picture of me with a 4lb. rainbow to end the day. I had all of november on there almost >:( I hope I can find it I had some wonderful huge rainbows on that camera :'(
Well, the last 2 trips, one on the colorado river and one on the henry's fork of the snake in idaho I used a new throwaway camera, and I still caught some good ones but not good enough to replace what I lost :'( I got a couple around 5 lbs. Still have a few pics left to take, should be an update in a couple of weeks. Hope you all stay around to see it!

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #43 on: Nov 29, 2004, 02:22 AM »
I want to see a picture of your huge bluegill next to a tape measure. 

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #44 on: Nov 29, 2004, 06:21 PM »
nice trout and good luck finding ur camera ;D
-cole

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.