FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Deposits fishing adventures (A catfish and fishing on the King)  (Read 32140 times)

Deposit

Well…here it is…the long waited deposit fishing adventure. I thought I would share my experiences and pics with you all because all to often they are comical.

I’ll start off with last Saturday night fishing at the schylerville public boat launch. I would have used my boat but it is kind of out of commission until I can re-mount my trolling motor  :'( (it decided to rip itself off the mounts last week when on the river but thanks to my spiderman like reflexes I saved it from the watery depths). So my wife and I set up our chairs and start fishing for some cats when these two dudes walked down the dock (it was apperent that they had been into the sauce earlier in the day) They asked if they could sit at the other end and throw back some cold ones. Who am I to argue so I said “no prob!” That was a mistake cuz the drunker they got the louder they got. Company aside, I was catching a bunch of nice bullhead, which is not bad but not what I was after. Looking back at my wife, who looked tired and uncomfortable in the smaller chair, I offered her my spot (in the lounge chair) because its more comfrotable and she had so far not caught anything. Well it was not long after the musical chairs that her pole suddenly jumped to life. Man…Line was just SCREAMING off her real. I thaught for sure she had just hung up onto a log flowing downstream with the current. That was until I saw the line suddenly ZIP up stream. After 15 minutes of fighting the fish I finally got to see the monster, wow what a catfish!!!!! Now most of you don’t know me so let me tell ya…at times I can be a real dufas..yea its true I’ll admit it, like forgetting the net! So my poor wife had to drag the fish down the dock, past the two drunkerds who were cheering for the catch (rather loudly), and drag the fish up the launch. I would have had a picture of this fish but like the rest of my life things at the wrong moment seem to go wrong (ya you know,  I have Murphys Law Sydrome) and the digital camera bulb blew!!!! Well I did manage to get the measurements which stand at 33 inches and 14 pounds. Her first big cat! After that everything was childs play with nothing but bullhead, one which my wife, for reasons only she knows, put her thumb in one of the bullheads mouth. Man…I wish I has a video camera…watching here run up and down the dock with a bullhead dangling from her thumb screaming “GET IT OFF…GET IT OFF” So it ended a fairly good night! ;D
 :'( :'( :'(

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: Deposits fishing adventures
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2004, 08:50 PM »
ROLAMAO.  ;D Very nice, yea, that net comes in handy sometimes. LOL Sorry about the camara, really would of liked to seen that one. Yea, Deposit, are you up for catfishin tommarrow night, I'll call ya at work tomarrow. Need some zinging of the drag myself. See you there.  :D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2004, 09:40 PM »
Well, at least you just forgot the camera...today, after my 6 year old son caught his first crappie and I had pictures of him and a guest in the boat with a decent crappie, I was fiddling with the anchor rope and the camera popped out of my breast pocket like a grape out of its skin.  It isn't really lost...I know where it is...in about 28 feet of water give or take....

Oh well, an excuse to get a new digital camera...this one was 2 or 3 years old, so while working fine, was getting toward upgrade time anyway...now if only I could find a floating waterproof digital camera like my Magellan GPS....

Derek
Derek

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2004, 04:51 AM »
..now if only I could find a floating waterproof digital camera like my Magellan GPS....

my camera took 3 baths this summer and freezes on the ice,definately time for an upgrade
Scotty 

Deposit

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2004, 08:47 AM »
You bet camo...ready and waiting ;D

Hookset

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2004, 09:01 AM »
I love fishing the river by the launch, one of my personal favorites.  I am sure you heard about the boat that exploded over the weekend.  Right above the launch, just below Lock 5.  A man and his wife were on board when it exploded.  He made it, she wasn't as fortunate.  The DEC, State Police and other agencies had turned the launch in to a temporary headquarters, and peformed the extraction of the craft from that point.  I was out of town, but my friends kept me updated.  Bad deal.

Congrats to the wife on the whisker.  I sit out there in my boat frequently and take kitties from about 9 until midnight.  I have taken a bunch in that spot also.  I can't get my wife out there a night, what's the trick? 
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Deposit

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2004, 10:20 AM »
I have to ride her horse...I earn horsey credits whenever she fishes with  me and visa versa when I ride with her :P

Hookset

« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2004, 10:37 AM »
D*mn it!  No horse!  Gotta figure something else out.

Bartman44

« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2004, 03:34 PM »
Nice story about the fish. Need to get that boat fixed to avoid the boozers.

Don't feel bad about the camera. Caught a 36" pike yesterday and the batteries were dead. Oh well.

Deposit

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2004, 12:29 PM »
HEY!!!! >:( I don't think it was nessesary to move my forum topic I was not done with it  first of all (I have a bunch of pics I was going to put here but don't always get the luxtury of doing it all at once) essespecially when other topics are in there without pics and they were not moved :'( secondly the camera was not forgotten just the flash bulb blew (I do have pics of my lovely wife in front of my truck lights holding the fish but they did not come out well sI deceided not to post them).

Hookset

« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2004, 02:02 PM »
You got hosed...

devil-man

« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 2004, 02:30 PM »
Hey Thriller- Several companies make waterproof digi-cams now. Olympus has a good one. And there's always those cases that are made model specific for certain cameras. Both options are pricey, but probably worth it.
Have you ever tested your GPS to see if it floats? I have a Magellan, too, but haven't felt the urge to test it.

Deposit

« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2004, 07:25 PM »
Well anyhoo...now to continue with some pic's

As most of you know Camofish and I fish often together. We meat a couple of years ago and he took me out for some stream fishing for my first rainbow.

Not bad but a bit small

Thats better  ;D

Camo with one

and another (since then I have learned that camo is a fishing GOD) ;)

Doesn't that look like just a couple of hillbilly's

some of the senery we past

Fish on!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2004, 09:35 PM »
It would be nice if one of the monitors would move you back to the picture topic.   ::)
They were a little quick to move your post.  :P There are still posts with out any pictures in them in the picture topic, too.  :-X That have been in there for several days, this one was there less than a day and moved.  :o And thx, I'm not really a fishin god, just bring a good amount to the plate, my young apprentice.  :laugh:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Hookset

« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2004, 08:40 AM »
I agree with the hillbilly thing!!  Nice trout, too.  You guys going out this weekend?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.