FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: AD's pics (few more trout.....)  (Read 64003 times)

Chucker

Re: AD's fishing pics. (walleye, goldeye, 8/02/05 pg 9)
« Reply #120 on: Aug 02, 2005, 07:14 PM »
Eatin' good in the neighborhood, cuz.  Nice to see the Orange sweatshirt on  8)

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #121 on: Aug 03, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Eatin' good in the neighborhood, cuz.  Nice to see the Orange sweatshirt on  8)

Sure gonna taste good too, the first one was great.       If Im out here this winter maybe you adn dad should make a trip up here to ice fish Ft. Peck, if not Ill make a trip to fish "the river" seeing as we have winter access on there  now.    We might get to Ft. Peck for some pike trolling in the next few weeks.  Would love to hook into a 10+ pound piek for sure.
Got out today and my gf caught her first solo fish, first day fishing with a spinning rod and she is casting well and hooked and reeled in a goldeye  :thumbup_smilie: (she is the one who wanted to bring the fishing pole)  saved it for bait incase we run out.      Seems that goldeye love a fathead suspended about a foot below the surface.     
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #122 on: Aug 03, 2005, 06:49 PM »
AD, i was looking at the nice eye ya got there, and it almost looks like it has a scaled gill plates, also has mottled sides...could that have possibly been a saugeye?

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #123 on: Aug 03, 2005, 09:25 PM »
AD, i was looking at the nice eye ya got there, and it almost looks like it has a scaled gill plates, also has mottled sides...could that have possibly been a saugeye?

Hmm it could possibly be, I new it wasnt a sauger because of the white on the fins.   Have to say the motteling struck me odd, but i had never seen a walleye smaller like that up close.     So it could possibly be a saugeye, I know there are sauger around here and in the river too.    I had a bunch of pictures taken so I Will see if I can dig through them and find a little better picture of the fish.   

Chucker

« Reply #124 on: Aug 04, 2005, 05:27 AM »
Sure gonna taste good too, the first one was great.       If Im out here this winter maybe you adn dad should make a trip up here to ice fish Ft. Peck, if not Ill make a trip to fish "the river" seeing as we have winter access on there  now.

I've got 3 weeks of vacation coming next year, so I could swing a nice long weekend to go out if need be.....

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #125 on: Aug 04, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Sure gonna taste good too, the first one was great.       If Im out here this winter maybe you adn dad should make a trip up here to ice fish Ft. Peck, if not Ill make a trip to fish "the river" seeing as we have winter access on there  now.

I've got 3 weeks of vacation coming next year, so I could swing a nice long weekend to go out if need be.....

Sweet, or if I get this job I aplied for in Alaska I have three of the winter months off     ;D     Which would be great 3 months of nothing but ice fishing.     
    But if Im still here in Montana it would be nice to see you and dad take a trip out here or me take a trip back east.   
     Heading into town to rent a carpet cleaner today to clean the rugs here, the weather is looking good or tonight seems I might stop by and buy some more bait and try the night bite for the walleye's

Bensmen

• Retired and lovin' it.
« Reply #126 on: Aug 08, 2005, 11:41 AM »
Great to see the photos of your fish. YES, we will fish as a family this winter if not before somewhere. Hope the fish were tasty. Waiting for a closing date for up north. Kind of hoping it happens this week, early next at least. Can't wait to be back on THE RIVER.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #127 on: Aug 09, 2005, 04:20 PM »
Great to see the photos of your fish. YES, we will fish as a family this winter if not before somewhere. Hope the fish were tasty. Waiting for a closing date for up north. Kind of hoping it happens this week, early next at least. Can't wait to be back on THE RIVER.

I cant wait to be on the river again....     
1 more channel cat picture to post and I lost a MONSTER of a cat too     :'(     I changed one of my sets around adn made it longer, moved it and on the first check got a good eater adn lost one that was at leaste 10 pounds and maybe 15     :'(     Had to pull the sets as I was out of town for a few days to Landusky, so itll be starting all over with fresh bait adn new and improved setlines.       

Sure cant wait to be fishin with the family again.   

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #128 on: Aug 10, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Here is that channel cat that I caught before I pulled the lines.    Its no monster but it will be a real good eater.     
    Ive found a pretty good way to catch the goldeyes right now, jsut keep enough to put on the liens and let the rest go, they fight pretty darn well for their size.     Still looking for that big channel cat to come back.   

Mikepike

Re: AD's fishing pics. (channel cat, 8/10/05 pg 9)
« Reply #129 on: Aug 11, 2005, 11:41 PM »
I'm glad to see someone is still catching fish. Good assortment too! Nice fish as always 8)

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #130 on: Aug 12, 2005, 12:29 AM »
I'm glad to see someone is still catching fish. Good assortment too! Nice fish as always 8)

I get a few here and there, got a little channel cat this AM, only about 14 -16 inches or so but will taste pretty much all the same.     Got just about enough for a fish fry, 2 walleye and 2 channel cats in the freezer, just need 1 more fish hopefully tomorrow I will get it.   

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #131 on: Aug 12, 2005, 12:10 PM »
I got a 6+ lber this AM    :thumbup_smilie:     Uploading the pictures as I type, will post them in a bit.
Think the girlfriend was more excited then I was  :w00t:     Ive got her hooked  ;D   

Chucker

« Reply #132 on: Aug 12, 2005, 04:41 PM »
C'mon Jim, post them already!

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #133 on: Aug 12, 2005, 08:32 PM »
C'mon Jim, post them already!

Working on it for some reason they upload incredibly slow her ebut the internet is fairly fast  ???     So I let it go adn left the computer and forgot about it, came back adn it had timmed out.....     I will get the pictures up tonight for sure.   
Oh yeah, we are for sure going to fish Ft. Peck tomorrow if the weather cooperates    :thumbup_smilie:

my gf's grandpa was tellign me about a 20 lber he got out of there a few years ago, nonethe the less it was his first northern ever  :o :flex:

Ill gert the pictures uploaded after I get back from the lake with hopefully some more pictures too.    Sure would love a 40+ inch pike today, start my tourny entries off with a bang maybe.     8)

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #134 on: Aug 13, 2005, 09:44 PM »
Well no great fish outta Ft. Peck    jsut 2 goldeye and 1 small walleye

But here is the channel cat from the other day

1 more pictuer to come also

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.