FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hood's Fishin Adventures --> Crazy LOON! 5/17 (p9) Video on p10  (Read 26261 times)

BAZOOKAJOE

Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures- 4/6 Salmon
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2006, 12:34 PM »
I tried some WC burgers a few years ago... :sick: :P...i don't know, they didn't do anything for me.  Then again, i was driving through kentucky at the time.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures- 4/6 Salmon
« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2006, 01:06 PM »
I tried some WC burgers a few years ago... :sick: :P...i don't know, they didn't do anything for me.  Then again, i was driving through kentucky at the time.
ya gotta eat'em at 2 or 3 in the morning.  then you'll understand.  ;D
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Hood

Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures- 4/8 LAKERS
« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2006, 09:59 PM »
Finally Get to a lake with open water, its 20, windy, and snowing, the lake is mostly frozen with a couple open spots and channels through the ice....as soon as we got out of the truck we began to freeze our balls off....thank god i never clean my truck out and had piles of warm gear for all of us...gloves, hats, extra coats and hoodies.....on the lake and its even windier....really freezing now and theres nothin biting....troll a bit then decide to try some deeper water....hit 35' or so and dropped anchor (well sorta)

Bust out the VEX and its quasi-icefishin with a white pimple and a fathead in a 20 yard channel of open water....not there 5 mins and I got a looker...BAM first laker of the day

No sooner did I let it go and mikes got a bite on a free swimming minnow...

Very colorful laker

Missed another fish there and then nothing for a while...we decide to get deeper and get as far into the ice channel as possible.....a little breaking through here and there and we come to rest over 75FOW in a spot about 30x30'

Get the jig down and theres fish almost immediately...beerman gets a bite and lands this nice one....ice was building on the rod tips all day....

I got a few more and so did mike and beerman...the VEX worked like a charm and made a huge difference...just strung the wire way out  over the side and set it between us all and could see all 3 baits at once on bottom lock and could tell exactly who was gonna get a bite....

heres a few more action and scenery shots...if we had found those fish in the deep right off the bat I think we would have slayed em, we ended up with about 10 for the morning.....salmon fishin tomorrow  ;D

GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2006, 10:41 PM »
awesome pictures, looks like it was cold out.  :o Glad you could get the boat out too, even if you had to run the little breaks in the ice, looks fun, but again, BBBBRRRRR.  ;D WTG  :thumbup_smilie:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Fishingking

« Reply #19 on: Apr 09, 2006, 12:30 AM »
Your guys rule :) Great pics and fish :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

akdg

« Reply #20 on: Apr 09, 2006, 07:42 AM »
Nice ;D  Did you get into any big ones at all?  I think I will have to drag the boat out today and try the same thing.

Hood

« Reply #21 on: Apr 09, 2006, 07:53 AM »
AK...no bigguns, maybe 20" was our best...we didnt really land on em good until later in the morn over the deep water,  if we went straight there I am sure we would have caught a lot more and maybe some bigger fish....we had to leave em biting around 1 to get back for a DU banquet
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

devil-man

« Reply #22 on: Apr 09, 2006, 09:54 AM »
:bowdown: :blink: :bowdown:
You guys are amazing! GREAT stuff!
I nominate you for the most deranged anglers of the month.  :o

Gump

« Reply #23 on: Apr 09, 2006, 05:15 PM »
Great pics and nice fish!!

Is it me or did everyone else do a double take at beerman's picture.  I thought it was Chris Farley holding a trout  ;D LOL

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

bottomfeeder

« Reply #24 on: Apr 09, 2006, 05:30 PM »
Very nice,always wanted to fish in a boat anchored to the ice.Looks like you guy's had allot of fun.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #25 on: Apr 10, 2006, 07:57 AM »
AWESOME PICS!!  That looks like a blast!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Deposit

« Reply #26 on: Apr 10, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Nice view, great fish, looked a little chilly though ;D

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #27 on: Apr 10, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Sweet pics!! Great scenery!

Robb

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #28 on: Apr 10, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Nice pics!!

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #29 on: Apr 11, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Dont worry i get the chris farley thing all the time.  "Tommy likey, Tommy want winggy!"
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.