FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Milky outboard engine oil  (Read 3640 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Milky outboard engine oil
« Reply #15 on: Jul 26, 2018, 05:45 AM »
Definitely get it looked at before deciding anything!!!! New motors are NOT CHEAP BY ANY MEANS!

Thinking of replacing my 140 looper on a 19'6 alumacraft...cheaper to buy another boat.  >10k for a decent 115 four stroke.

fishinjohn

« Reply #16 on: Jul 26, 2018, 06:50 AM »
Thinking of replacing my 140 looper on a 19'6 alumacraft...cheaper to buy another boat.  >10k for a decent 115 four stroke.
Yup.. buying a motor isn't always the best way to go. I had to laugh the other night.. I was looking at used boats on walleye central and I saw a ranger for sale. They wanted something crazy like 30k for it... WITH A BLOWN MOTOR!!!!!!  And I think it was a 06(if I remember right)

MGK

« Reply #17 on: Jul 27, 2018, 01:42 AM »
Sounds like a blown head gasket. Maybe a cracked head but my bet is the gasket. Do a compression test to verify.
It is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

joefishmore

« Reply #18 on: Aug 03, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Head was removed and revealed motor quite corroded prob due to salt water, unfixable.

Mac Attack

« Reply #19 on: Aug 03, 2018, 07:47 AM »
Head was removed and revealed motor quite corroded prob due to salt water, unfixable.

Bummer.
But now you know.
Thanks for the update.

Tom Hannock

« Reply #20 on: Aug 03, 2018, 09:31 AM »
I've had it happen in my 75 HP Yamaha 4 stroke the first couple years I had it.  I had this issue when fishing multiple times one early season in March when water temps were in the 30's.  My dealer said it was likely due to the cold water wasn't allowing the motor to warm up enough and they had known of it being an issue with outboards run in Greenland in extremely cold water.  I haven't had the problem ever since but it certainly had me concerned.  Your issue is probably something totally different but just thought I'd share my experience. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #21 on: Aug 05, 2018, 06:47 AM »
Good preventive maintenance is the purchase of "salt terminator". It won't prevent a blown gasket or cracked head under certain conditions but will
surely prevent corrosion and build up of salt on your internal parts, especially your thermostat. Buy the kit the first time around, it includes the attachment to go on the ears for flushing. My 60 four stroke Yamaha is 13 yrs old and looks and runs like new.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.