FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Free Lures  (Read 1401 times)

vancouvercanuck

Free Lures
« on: May 29, 2006, 05:05 AM »
I just finished reading the "weirdest thing you have caught" post and made me want to post this idea for all of you.

If you have an old salmon or deep sea fishing rod lying around stick 80 pound test on it with the biggest red devil spoon you can buy.

Troll this through all the weed beds in the fall and you will end up with all the tackle in the world.

Hope this helps.

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Chucker

Re: Free Lures
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 07:27 AM »
I prefer the easier route.  Snorkel, mask, and fins in popular trout holes where people fish for stockies. 

fishryc

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 03:48 PM »
I prefer the easier route.  Snorkel, mask, and fins in popular trout holes where people fish for stockies. 
Don't forget to "Bait" the dive site with a couple of old steel shopping carts firmly anchored to the bottom! I actually witnessed this at a public hotspot on the Lower Niagara several years back. The guy, an acquaintance actually, also "primed" the area with a couple of old bicycles in addition to the shopping carts!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 04:14 PM »
When I was a kid I knew some guys that used to drop a rope accross a popular shore fishing spot.  They would check it every few days and collect all kinds of tackle.  I also saw some guys once pulling in an old box spring to collect equipment off of it.  This was in Lake Erie on the back wall outside the Small Boat Harbor.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 12:29 AM »
Don't forget to "Bait" the dive site with a couple of old steel shopping carts firmly anchored to the bottom! I actually witnessed this at a public hotspot on the Lower Niagara several years back. The guy, an acquaintance actually, also "primed" the area with a couple of old bicycles in addition to the shopping carts!

If I caught someone doing that, I might just find myself in jail  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :nono:

Oh, the stuff an angry mind can come up with >:( >:(

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 05:27 PM »

If I caught someone doing that, I might just find myself in jail  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :nono:

Oh, the stuff an angry mind can come up with >:( >:(
People who participate in this kind of dishonesty and downrite stupidity need to have their a$$ kicked plain and simple !

Call me a tattletail but if I see this I will be the first to make the call to the D.E.C
This is not only dangerouse but costly to those of us who loose our gear and damage boats !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.