FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you could fish with anyone who would it be ?  (Read 15796 times)

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
If you could fish with anyone who would it be ?
« on: Sep 20, 2006, 04:08 PM »
I f I had the chance to fish with anyone it would be my late father in law !  :angel: Just one more time !
He taught me " EVERYTHING " I know about fishing and then some .
Unfortunately he was taken from us way too early by the man upstairs !

Higgy

• Battered and Fried
Re: If you could fish with anyone who would it be ?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2006, 04:49 PM »
Herbert Hoover.

dawg

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2006, 04:53 PM »
 My grandfather again. Passed on when I was a teen but still remember some major perch hauls as a youngster out of Presque Ilse  Lake Erie. I still have 3 bamboo flie rods of his and a old splitbamboo baitcaster outfit with no identification on the reel. I still remember him talking about the blue pike.
Give a man a fish and he eats for the day. Teach a man to fish and he will keep bait in the fridge

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2006, 05:17 PM »
I would definitely say my Grampa, in his old Lund. That old man could troll up some monster northerns with a cane pole and a big ol' Dardevele.

I would also love to go with my other Grampa, I'm sure we would shore fish for bullheads.  He would pinch a spitshot a foot above the hook and wait for something to pull, because he couldn't see a bobber anymore. He called it drop lining. :). I remember catching June bugs, grasshoppers, and crickets to give him, fresh bait always made Grampa happy. :laugh:

devil-man

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2006, 06:13 PM »
I'm also going to say my grandfather(s).
They both helped fuel my passion.
One died when I was 12. The other when I was 23.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2006, 06:32 PM »
Jimmy Houston. I would love to go down to LA and fish for some of those monter Crappies. In addition to the Crappies, I think Jimmy is a great personality and I love the different people, including his wife, that he fishes with. He had a guy on his show that didn't have any hands and stumpy arms, what an incredible show. Jimmy would be the guy.

Next would be George Bush. I know a lot of you guys don't like the guy, but that would be an incredible day.

Mike

esox slayer

« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2006, 06:33 PM »
My Dad..he's still with us, but at 77 he doesn't have "it" anymore to go onto the ice and he taught me everything about fishing.

I made the offers of taking the truck out onto the ice, even going as far as offering to either build or borrow a nice hardside so he could relax some, but he says that if he can't chase flags then he'd rather not go.  It sucks because he and I haven't been ice fishing together in quite a few years now, mainly due to his health....

He'll stop by on some days wherever I'm fishing and I go to his vehicle and we drink a cup of coffee together, but it's not the same as his being out there.....
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2006, 07:15 PM »
Erin.  I found her last fishing license tucked away in my wallet the other day.  What a mess that was... :'( :'( :'(

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Eye Hunter

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2006, 09:23 PM »
My 9 year old Grandson.   ;D

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2006, 09:33 PM »
my father. he cant take the beating on the boat or satnding on his feet all day. but he love s to look at all my pics
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2006, 09:39 PM »
my grandfather. he passed away in may. alot of good memores of being on the ice with him.
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

SleePac

« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2006, 09:54 PM »
My Creator.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #12 on: Sep 21, 2006, 05:53 AM »
My grandpa.  He died when I was 10 years old.  I have only one memory of him fishing - it was him falling in while wading a trout stream with me and my dad.

My grandparents are all passed away and have never met my three kids.  I would love to be able to do anything with them again so they could spend a few minutes with my kids.  Even just sitting around drinking tea.

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #13 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:58 AM »
Cindy Garrison from ESPN's Get wild With Cindy Garrison...I love blondes that hunt and fish! :o :w00t:

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #14 on: Sep 21, 2006, 07:10 AM »
i would have to say my step-grandfather..became my grandfather when i was 9 and he didnt have to take me under his wing but he did...he is the only grandfather i had at the time(one passed before i was born another when i was 7). i would spend two weeks up at his cottage on drummond island in michigan and work my butt off for him for the reward of at least 6 hours on the water everyday. he passed when i was 20...and i miss trolling the big waters of the northern great lakes with him more then anything.the best 6 hours a day i have ever known.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.