MyFishFinder By Species > Bass

"Most Productive Bait for Bass" Poll

<< < (2/21) > >>

mongo:
I catch more fish using plastics then anything else, always have a spinner bait within reach if the plastics are not working.

bigredfishing:
not a hard guess for me, gimme a 1/2 oz rattleback with a fat albert twin tail, and i can fish all day.

Bobman:
What about inline spinners FB, ever use them?  I think I've caught most of my river small mouth (Niagara) on either white rooster tails with a bit of red or on gold Mepps aglia spinners.  I've started to use tube baits as well and they seem to be fairly effective so far.

MikeThePike:
I picked minnows but I'll usually fish 1 rod with a minnow and another would be fished with a spinnerbait. About equal success with both but love when the crappie decide to hit the live bait. I've had best success with a white spinnerbait.

Fat Boy:

--- Quote from: Bobman on Mar 29, 2005, 10:52 AM ---What about inline spinners FB, ever use them? I think I've caught most of my river small mouth (Niagara) on either white rooster tails with a bit of red or on gold Mepps aglia spinners. I've started to use tube baits as well and they seem to be fairly effective so far.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, always keep some close by on hand especially in the rivers I fish especially for smallmouth.  They can really boost numbers by targeting aggressive feeding bass and also draw reaction strikes from neutral bass.  I consider them in the spinnerbait category I guess.  Not only that, you can really catch a mixed bag of other species as well.  There are lots of lures that cross over between species, as we all well know.

By the way, just to let you all know that just because I personally don't use minnows during open water doesn't mean that I'm against using them or any live bait.  It's simply my choice to not use it, but I certainly condone it.  I'm very mobile when I fish so live bait is pretty much a burden for me to drag it along.  Also, I enjoy the challenge of fooling fish somewhat (not that they are all that intelligent or anything).  All fishing is fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version