FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 98864 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #615 on: Oct 03, 2022, 11:21 AM »
The fall colors... Soon if not already to many leaves in the water to fish...

Going to be a sucky leaf hatch if flows stay this low.  MDC/Army Corps and the State are in battles regarding whos controlling the dam because MDC's charter expired...subsequently they've left the dam at the minimum legal flow. 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #616 on: Oct 03, 2022, 12:16 PM »
Going to be a sucky leaf hatch if flows stay this low.  MDC/Army Corps and the State are in battles regarding whos controlling the dam because MDC's charter expired...subsequently they've left the dam at the minimum legal flow.

Ouch. Good thing its tog season.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #617 on: Oct 03, 2022, 06:09 PM »

Yup.  Just have to get through a week in MN for work first.

lowaccord66

« Reply #618 on: Oct 09, 2022, 10:14 AM »
Went yesterday morning from 5-11.  Nearly got skunked.  1 smallie on a stone fly.  The water was full of leaves and other junk.  Saw a couple of rises but you'd think the river was empty.  Funny for a river that averages over 2000 trout a mile.

westernmas

« Reply #619 on: Oct 10, 2022, 08:06 AM »
Went yesterday morning from 5-11.  Nearly got skunked.  1 smallie on a stone fly.  The water was full of leaves and other junk.  Saw a couple of rises but you'd think the river was empty.  Funny for a river that averages over 2000 trout a mile.

I assume you were on the farmy.  I've hit the housy in MA for pike couple times in the last week without much to show for it.  Landed a rat pike and 3lb larry for my efforts.  I def didn't dress appropriately Saturday morning but I'm enjoying the cooler temps.  Water down in the southern part of the state was super low.  had to get out and drag my kayak over a couple spots.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

BerkshireBass

« Reply #620 on: Oct 10, 2022, 10:02 AM »
Definitely isn’t the finest form of fishing I’ve ever partaken in, but the stockies they put in some of the ponds around here have been willingly rising to a royal coachman. Fun to see rises in front of a fall foliage backdrop

lowaccord66

« Reply #621 on: Oct 13, 2022, 11:31 AM »
Definitely isn’t the finest form of fishing I’ve ever partaken in, but the stockies they put in some of the ponds around here have been willingly rising to a royal coachman. Fun to see rises in front of a fall foliage backdrop

The biggest challenge is launching the boat around all the locals fishing the launch for the recently stocked pellet heads. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #622 on: Oct 13, 2022, 11:32 AM »
I assume you were on the farmy.  I've hit the housy in MA for pike couple times in the last week without much to show for it.  Landed a rat pike and 3lb larry for my efforts.  I def didn't dress appropriately Saturday morning but I'm enjoying the cooler temps.  Water down in the southern part of the state was super low.  had to get out and drag my kayak over a couple spots.

Yes sir.  Fished the housy yesterday and crushed them.

lowaccord66

« Reply #623 on: Oct 13, 2022, 11:33 AM »

It was for me.  Got out Monday, took a limit for me and a buddy.  Moon tide got the best of me and now Ill be adding the second brand new lower to my suzuki....those tog filets cost about 6k....doh.

stripernut

« Reply #624 on: Oct 14, 2022, 05:46 AM »
I hope it was not the same set of rocks?

lowaccord66

« Reply #625 on: Oct 14, 2022, 07:14 AM »
I hope it was not the same set of rocks?

No this time it was in the CT river headed back to the slip.

stripernut

« Reply #626 on: Oct 14, 2022, 02:26 PM »
Bummer. I hope to get down for one more trip to the salt, will let you know if there is a spot on the boat...
Hope you are feeling better now.

TT

« Reply #627 on: Oct 14, 2022, 06:02 PM »
No this time it was in the CT river headed back to the slip.
. I think it’s time to find a new hobby.

bogtrotter

« Reply #628 on: Oct 14, 2022, 08:14 PM »
. . . Moon tide got the best of me and now Ill be adding the second brand new lower to my suzuki....those tog filets cost about 6k....doh.

Sorry to hear that.  It certainly puts the $950 that I just spent for a new alternator for my car into perspective.

lowaccord66

« Reply #629 on: Oct 16, 2022, 10:27 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  It certainly puts the $950 that I just spent for a new alternator for my car into perspective.

950 x 5 and Ill be back in the game. These things happen.  Ive had some really solid trout fishing on the housy sincs then.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.