FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spring Pike  (Read 2102 times)

taxid

Re: Spring Pike
« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Sebago is a big lake. However I'll be on a small quiet 100 acre lake. I don't like encountering PWC's and powerboats on my vacation. Get enough of that here.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishcrazy

« Reply #16 on: Apr 19, 2019, 10:21 PM »
316 ft deep. Holy crap

fishcrazy

« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2019, 07:35 AM »
I like live bait fishing a lot. But I have found them shallow over rock smashing the crap out of a big jointed rapala husky jerk   Slower this early in the year with big pauses and splashes almost top water the whole way back. Lots of teeth marks to show it works!

RoeBoat

« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2019, 10:16 AM »
Love the action of Mepps syclops spoons!

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2019, 10:28 AM »
I caught one only about 10 pounds once off the break just out from the public access channel on Oliver with a kastmaster spoon. I was after trout. Fish was tight in the weeds probably about 10 feet down. I used to cast a the spoon out as far as I could perpendicular to the break, and then let it sink to the bottom. The reel it with a sporadic jerk to make it flash. Of course this was back when there were smelt in Oliver and they staged in that area.

Quick strike rig would be my choice but suspend the fish up off the bottom a little.

If you catch one of those annoying stocker size rainbows I believe it would be legal to use for bait?  Put it under a large float on a break and hang on!

I wonder if a rainbow trout imitating plug would work on a planer board parallel to the breaks?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.