FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What’s worse....?  (Read 6127 times)

skinnywater

Re: What’s worse....?
« Reply #30 on: Jun 13, 2019, 06:03 PM »
I use one shore fishing for salmon in early spring bc of elevation reasons around winni from where one would stand vs. where the shoreline is. Besides that I don’t use or carry one. However rest assured I can serve as a great net man and don’t bone fish. One wouldn’t believe how bad some guys are at netting, gaffing, harpooning, etc. many a fish has been lost that way.

Netting is definitely a skill, I have had many people loose big fish on me trying to net it. 
greenshack on shanty

lowaccord66

« Reply #31 on: Jun 16, 2019, 06:55 AM »
Lost a very large Striper because the net was too small. Can never have a net too big...right..

Landed thousands of them from shore without a net.  Up to 52"!  I couldnt imagine owning a net large enough for them.

fishlessman

« Reply #32 on: Jun 25, 2019, 08:25 AM »
it takes alot of years to train a good netman.  the worst is watching a 6 pound brookie fall thru the net while the net man just freezes up and forgets to pull the net back into the boat

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #33 on: Jun 25, 2019, 11:06 AM »
Wiggles has the net game down packed.

although I am looking forward to teaching my son the skills that I know, it definitely is great to fish with people that know what they are doing. Especially when the moment matters most.
Wicked Wec

Roccus

« Reply #34 on: Jun 25, 2019, 11:26 AM »
Landed thousands of them from shore without a net.  Up to 52"!  I couldnt imagine owning a net large enough for them.

I do...it's mounted on the bow of my boat  with a pair of spring clips..

Roccus

« Reply #35 on: Jun 25, 2019, 11:37 AM »

This is an old picture (note the now extinct cod)but the net lives right there, when I'm fishing I slide the handle out , I gaffes the cod...that net has netted bass to 61 lbs and plenty over 50.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #36 on: Jun 25, 2019, 11:45 AM »

This is an old picture (note the now extinct cod)but the net lives right there, when I'm fishing I slide the handle out , I gaffes the cod...that net has netted bass to 61 lbs and plenty over 50.

Great net set up Joe but what a Cod!
Wicked Wec

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #37 on: Jun 25, 2019, 01:56 PM »

Nice Cod, Joe.
I agree, plenty of nets out there to grab 50" stripers and I wouldn't wanta land one in a boat without a good net.

(TEST)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.