FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: AD's pics (few more trout.....)  (Read 63966 times)

AD

• Born to fish
Re: AD's pics (hog walleye page 16)
« Reply #240 on: Sep 03, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Yeah it's been a heck of a summer, ended up with a 6 pound channel cat the other night too down her ein VA, ill see if I cant get those photose posted up sooner or later.       Hopefully this good luck will continue and brign that big buck into range this fall
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Chucker

« Reply #241 on: Sep 04, 2008, 07:53 PM »
Hey cuz.  Not much fishing lately, but hoping to knock down my first goose on Tuesday.  Hopefully will have pics.

Lip Ripper

« Reply #242 on: Sep 04, 2008, 08:29 PM »
I didn't know any of the guys from ZZ Top were fisherman. Seriously though those are some nice lookin fish keep up the good work and good luck fishin.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #243 on: Nov 23, 2008, 02:19 PM »
      Well no new fishing pics (been too busy hunting), but a few scenery pics at leaste.     Sorry bout the crappy quality but I was board and all I had on me was an old 3 mega-pixel digi.     Left my good one home on avccount of how cold its been.   
     Got me thinking about those cold mornings on the ice when the holes get to steaming   The whole place looked like that, we have had consitant temps in the low 30's to high 20's here in SW VA.  Every mornign it was in the low teens with one of them going single digits.     Even had some ice forming, in one of the bottom settling ponds it was up to an inch and a half.    Supprised the heck out of me.     

Chucker

« Reply #244 on: Nov 23, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Chunk ice floating down the creek here the last 2 days.  See you Thursday if not before.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #245 on: Nov 23, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Wow... We've barely had a dusting here in Southern NH, Got a few inches up in the Northern Part of the state.
Our temps have been in the 20's the past week with heavy winds.

Suprised to see it's that cold down there? :blink:

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #246 on: Nov 24, 2008, 05:34 PM »
Yeah the temps broke  for the cold side.  I loved it being a NYer at heart, everyone else was complaining.     If it stay's like that, or gets cold enough this winter I know of a few high elevation lakes that'll get good enough ice to walk on, and fish on.      Believe it or not I actually have seen pictures of a 3/4 ton pic-up parked on ice in VA, the lake at that point (12 winters ago) had 12 inches of ice.     

Up in the mountains itll stay, but the low elevations it goes away real quick, was warm yesterday and most of the snow/ice burnt off.   

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #247 on: Mar 29, 2009, 10:52 AM »
 :-X    wasnt really sure if I was going to post this cause I feel like an idiot, haha

Well I thought I was finally going to have some decent photos to take.     

Jsut to let everyone know, walleye season is open all year round here in VA.   It is about the only time that a shore angler can reliably target walleye with any luck.     

Took a drive down to the South Holston to do some walleye fishing, they are post, and mid spawn, and the bite was great.    I ended up getting my limit, with 2 spent hens in the 3 to 4 pound range.      The 4 others were males in the 18 - 20 inch range.      I think everyone else fishing was doing real well too.     It had been slow from what I have heard before then but the warm weather that night and warm rain brought them into the spawn real heavily.     Both hens came off of a crawler harness fished from shore, the males came off a rapala floater # 11 in a brown trout patter (my go to lure).      The harnesses worked real well but were slow to produce (but they did produce the two post spawn hens).     The rapala produced on 5 back to back casts (caught a quilback on my thrid cast).     It was rainy so I didnt want to bring my good digital camera, its a bit too expensive to chance getting wet even though I have a water proof case for it.     Came back and cleaned them at work then headed home, happy as could be except for the fact that I forgot to take a pic of them     :'(     
     Oh well Ill probably head back down one of these nights if Im not too tired from work.   And hopefully Ill remember to take pics when I get back this time.     

Bensmen

• Retired and lovin' it.
« Reply #248 on: Mar 30, 2009, 10:26 AM »
Glad to hear you had some good luck. Still wondering if harnesses and Gulp Alive Leeches will work there or up north when you're home.
BEN says HI1

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #249 on: May 02, 2009, 05:53 PM »
Well here are some pics finally,    Sorta my average sized stringer, there are 4 on there, 3 were around 9 inches (including one brookie) and one was about 12.     Lost a bunch today, couldn't seem to keep them hooked, were real light on the bite.     But landed 4 bows and 1 brook, let one bow go do to it being too short to keep (less then 7 inches)    Had 3 others up to the bank before they fell loose, had another on with a spinner and went to lift it and it came off.      Had fun though, the rain held off long enough to get some good fishing in.   
  Been doing stringers about like that on and off this spring and have had some great meals.   

Chucker

Re: AD's pics (couple trout)
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2009, 07:34 AM »
You've probably been out more in a week or two than Dad and I have been since November.  Too busy with work, and Ellen rarely has weekend time off.  Probably won't get out for toothies for another 3 weeks   :'(

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2009, 08:35 AM »
Sounds like things are busy, Hopefully you'll be able to get out soon though.    I'm headed up somewhere around August 8th for a week or two depending on how much time the boss will let me have in a row.   

rpc55

• aka "Bonehead"
« Reply #252 on: May 06, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Just went through this whole thread. Love the pics, keep them coming. Ever make it back up to Alaska? How about a picture of the grayling that you had mounted.
Looks like you haven't shaved since that Alaska trip.   ;D           thanks for sharing.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2009, 02:45 PM »
Just went through this whole thread. Love the pics, keep them coming. Ever make it back up to Alaska? How about a picture of the grayling that you had mounted.
Looks like you haven't shaved since that Alaska trip.   ;D           thanks for sharing.

haha, if I hadnt have shaved my beard would have been to my stomach by now.    Haven't been clean shaven since Alaska though, just keep it a bit more trimmed down as of lately.     
     Haven't made it back to Alaska yet, the jobs are there just don't want to forsake humanity yet.     
       I'll see if I cant dig up a few of the grayling pics.   

Well not sure which ones of the grayling I posted or if I posted any so Ill toss up the ones I find.    These pics or old and not new......   

Not a great pic of the mount but......

well thats it for now,   really need to organize my photobucket or open a new account,

rpc55

• aka "Bonehead"
« Reply #254 on: May 06, 2009, 02:50 PM »
mount looks great, thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.