FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: AD's pics (few more trout.....)  (Read 63880 times)

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
Re: AD's pics (couple trout)
« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2009, 03:04 PM »
that mount is nice!

AD

• Born to fish
Re: AD's pics (couple trout)
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Yeah I like the mounts.   

Well I went to go trout fishing to my favorite spot and well.....  Didn't get to fish as the road was closed, seems a tornado went through last night and took about a good stretch of the trees adn screwed the road up too.     Me and a few friends drove up to the foot of the mountain, and decided to hike in and check it out.     ITs a good mile or two hike when the gate is closed, but its all graveled.     We ended up up top through the 3 or 4 switch backs and The tornado touched for a good half a mile and took most of the trees with it.   Those that were smaller it wither snapped off, twisted of for just plain splintered.   The bigger ones were broke off or pushed over down the mountain, or pushed over taking the road in parts with it.      Ive never seen anything like it.   Trees that were 2 to 3 feet thick just pushed over like they were a bowling pin, others snapped or twisted.       Ill try not to get too picture heavy, ended up with over 100 pics from a camera phone.     

This one is just spilntered.....

by bye road

bear proof but not tree proof

Looking at the news lots of other places got hit, no injuries thankfully.....   The weather services is trying to decide if it was an actual tornado....   Nothing else I know of can touch down and life up like that.....   

So no fishing today, but a long hike and lots of pictures.     
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

AD

• Born to fish
No fishing either, the creek was the highest Ive ever seen it, well over 4 feet over its normal flow....     

Scary part is is if that tornado had kept its path and not lifted off or run outta steam, there were campers tent camping in the creek bottom a half mile down stream    :o     
     They had to air evac 4 other campers that were trapped up on top of the mountain.     

AD

• Born to fish
Re: AD's pics (Amazing trout fishing)
« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Well,  absolutely slaughtered the trout today.   Two of us hit up a local stream and limited in 30 minutes, and lost many more before we could creel our limits.    I'd say I hooked 5 or 6 others that I lost.....   
    It was a small stream and the rod is use is an 8 foot crappie rod, I think its got too little backbone for short hook sets due to overhanging brush, I just couldn't get a good hook set.    Ill downsize to a ultralight about 5 or 6 foot long.   
   They ranged from 8 to 10 inches and all will make for good eaters.   

Didn't bother using my card, bigger and better trout to come ;)     

Trout fishing has been out of this world this year, they are a little smaller then usual, but hey they all eat real well.   

Weather looks like its going to get nasty again so not sure if Ill hit the stream this weekend or not.   
     Its getting close to the time of year to switch over into catfish and the occasional trout trip instead of heavy trout.   

Chucker

Re: AD's pics (more trout.....)
« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2009, 05:38 AM »
It does sound like crappy weather for your weekend.  We're home, but it sounds like everyone else is on the river.  We're heading up next Friday morning.  Dad and I will try to get some toothies for you.

bethanysbantams

• 13 years old
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Nice fish! :)

Bethany :)

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Well, Ive been hard at it hitting the trout still......

There is 4     

Ended up camping out over the weekend and doing some more trout fishing, ended up with 17 on Saturday and 13 on Sunday, making it a 30 trout weekend, with many more lost at shore or during the fight.   

And a pic of my fish with a friends fish.     

I think all in all the group I was camping with caught about 60 trout all together and let all but a few go.     Out of the 30 I landed I kept 6 Saturday, and 4 Sunday and everyone else kept a few.   

It took some work this weekend, usually they wont leave half a night crawler alone, and some bit on the first pass, but others seemed to take the shrimp flavored eggs, others slammed a trout Magnet, and others hit a spinner.     Catch numbers were spread out between those 4 baits.    I ended up carrying a spare pole that I rigged with a spinner or trout magnet.     That way after Id fished a hole for a bit with my bait rod(worms or eggs) Id set that one aside and go at it with a spinner or the trout magnet.     

Was packing up camp Sunday, and some people were leaving an didn't want the trout that they had aught, so I ended up taking them too.......    Not sure why people keep fish if they don't plan on eating them?    ???      Its a big waste if you ask me.   

nacator

• Eddie and the boys, yeah baby!!!
Re: AD's pics (even more trout.....)
« Reply #262 on: Jun 01, 2009, 03:46 AM »
Lots of nice fish, looks like a great time was had by all
"Tyranny succeeds when men of good conscience remain silent"      Thomas Jefferson

AD

• Born to fish
Re: AD's pics (even more trout.....)
« Reply #263 on: Jun 07, 2009, 08:02 PM »
What a weekend.....    

Started it off by fishing a stream Saturday that hadn't been stocked in over a month, and had been declared "fished out" by the "locals"......    I had my limit in a little under an hour......     The trout were almost coming out of the water to chase after my night crawler.      Caught 5 out of the same little pool which is unusual, usually I can get one, or two at most before the rest in a pool spook out for a while and Ill have to give them a few hours to "calm back down"   Didn't get any pics of those.     With how hige the baitfish population in that stream is along with the large amount of aquatic larva I'll have to check it out again late summer to hit some of the "holdovers"    the potential is there for some great growth.    
     Today (Sunday) headed up into the fee area, it started off slow, busted off a few hooks on snags and lost several fish before I could bank one.    It was a "grind" sorta day, took lots of fishing and lots of effort but I landed 13 trout and lost a few real good ones, but landed one.     Biggest was 14 inches, but on 4 pound test and an 8 foot crappie rod it was a blast.    She nailed a section of night crawler from her hiding spot bhind a boulder in the deepest pool.    the rod was literally bent in two.     I could land some more of the bigger ones that Ive hooked, but Id rather go light and have fun and loose a few them go heavy and jerk them out of the water.    

:edit: oh and the few extras are my friends.....     Heh I didn't go over my limit

AD

• Born to fish
Re: AD's pics (few more trout.....)
« Reply #264 on: Jul 16, 2009, 08:33 PM »
havnt posted in a while, been too busy during the week and not here on the weekends.    Been working some massive over time this summer.     Also have been trying to train myself to move up to the next level at work         This has turned into the summer of trout.....    Ive been hitting them hard this summer, most Saturdays have been by a trout stream and some Sundays....     Been limiting every time and then some.  Size has increased greatly too, from 8 to 9 inchers to a constant 14 inch, and about a pound a piece with some small and some lots bigger.....    Had a tangle with a 6 to 8 pounder last Saturday and fought it for a good ten minutes.    Was bringing her to net and she broke off...     Four pound test just doesn't hold up too well, but its all about the fun anyways, she gave me my fair share of that, nothing like seeing and 8 foot ultralight bent over and the drag a squeeling.    Ive been averaging over 10 trout a day, with some days higher and others lower.     Its been a blast.     Met some great people along the stream and have had some great fishing company.    Waters getting lower and clearer though so Ive been having to be stealthier latly.     Been a little trickier.   
     Was pointed towards a good site for buying some repair items for the boat, so looks like I have a good winter project coming up.     

Crappy pic but there is 12 trout in the sink (my limit and my female friends limit) Biggest was right around 14 inches.     

Headed North in a few weeks to put some massive hurt on the Pike smallies and walleye.     

Chucker

« Reply #265 on: Jul 17, 2009, 05:43 AM »
Hope to see you when you come north - I think we're taking a long weekend around the same time.  And did Dad tell you we have a new fishing vehicle to play with?   8)

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #266 on: Jul 17, 2009, 08:10 AM »
Hope to see you when you come north - I think we're taking a long weekend around the same time.  And did Dad tell you we have a new fishing vehicle to play with?   8)

Yes he did, and he also mentioned that he picked up a motor for it also.      Hopefully you can take that long weekend and we all can do some fishing, really am hoping to make it a two week trip but we will see.   

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #267 on: Aug 22, 2009, 10:02 AM »
Laid off the trout for a week and a half to go with my grandparents a happy 60th anniversary, and managed to get some fishing in.    That and offload some trout to my parents in NY.    
   While dodging some nasty thunderstorms me and Dad did pretty well, my brother landed some nice ones too.    

This fatty took a big bass bait  :cookoo:

perch..  

:thumbup_smilie:
Good, now Im headed out for some more trout here in a bit, haha

Lockurai

• FISH ON!
« Reply #268 on: Sep 02, 2009, 04:03 PM »
Wow, just went through this whole thread. You have some amazing fish man, especially the ones from Alaska! I can't not go out fishing after looking at these. Keep them coming!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.