FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Isle Lake Report - May 28th  (Read 1071 times)

Koffee Kat

Isle Lake Report - May 28th
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Hit up Isle for some off-shore action last night...  What can I say?  Pike are getting smaller or my perception is screwed up...  I can say that the small bays & whatnot haven't weeded over yet & the water level is up a good 8" from the same time last year.  Water seems a tad bit clearer & cleaner too.  While it took me 3 hours to actually land a single 12"er (having lost about 6!) the other three folks I was with did a whole lot better.  One guy landed 4 & lost 6, other guy landed 2 & lost 4.  My wife (bless her soul) lost a huge one right on here third cast (must have been 2.5 feet! line snapped).  No worries though, cause about 5 minutes later she landed another huge one with girth around the 32"- 7 lb mark!   :D  Smart fish went & rolled around a submerged log, so she ended up reeling in the log, which was good because by the weight of the fish & her limited experience she may have lost it in the fight...  So all & all a decent evening of fishing.  I imagine things will heat up around Isle, off-shore wise, in about 2 - 3 weeks when the minnows start hatching in the shallows & the pike come in to feed on em'.  Happy fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.