FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 558775 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3765 on: May 24, 2023, 08:49 PM »
RG  scuds are a great fly and scuds are a major food source for many fish ......when gills are slow a  small  no weight scud allowed to fall very slow often triggers hits  with reluctant fish especially close to the bottom  in deep water weighted  seems better .......  play with them on slow days and they will find a place in your box ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #3766 on: May 25, 2023, 02:48 PM »
I had a great day first I beat the snot out of a bunch of small mouths and 2 bucket mouths then a dinner of blue gills 

What a great day to be alive

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3767 on: May 25, 2023, 03:34 PM »
Nice👍👍👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

62 & Done

« Reply #3768 on: May 25, 2023, 06:40 PM »
Yes indeed Trapp, a great day. My morning plans got scrapped a 4 am when I looked out at my flag which was at full salute and the trees were swayin' so I got a little more shuteye.  About noon the wind started to settle so I jumped into the truck and made my way to the Little pond by way of the hardware store. I got a roll of gorilla water proof tape. A little pricey at $18 buck for 4" x 10' .  I put it over the weather checks on my boots and it stays where you put it and leaves you with dry feet.  Off to the water :  I got into a nest of gills between 6 and 8" and stood in one spot for over an hour continuously catching fish. They would take almost any thing that floated on the surface. Just didn't want white no sir they wouldn't touch it. Brown' green, orange, didn't matter they hit it. Hav'in a blast. Thank you guys.  I'm going to steer clear of the water for the weekend but I'll be back at them next week.
          I'll be in you're back yard this weekend Trapp....Archery Shoot at Deerslayers

oatkasut

« Reply #3769 on: May 25, 2023, 06:45 PM »
I second Traps comment about scuds. They are deadly for wild trout especially in Spring Creek!Pink is a good color.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #3770 on: May 26, 2023, 05:49 AM »
62, good to hear the "leaks" are fixed. About them not liking "white", I learned that when there are a lot of white things on the water, like cottonwood, cherry or apple blossoms, etc, white was not the go-to pattern...h2l

trapper2000

« Reply #3771 on: May 26, 2023, 06:32 AM »
always  hang waders   never  fold them .....rubber ones  i  spray  with armor all  when i hang them   

62 & Done

« Reply #3772 on: May 26, 2023, 08:41 AM »
hunts2long    that's a good point about all the white stuff - never thought about that - there was a bunch

Trapp I agree with that _ I took them right out of the box after bringing them home and never folded them again but that is right were  they checked  Only used them a couple times last year   Big disappointment. Never thought about treating them, that armor all is good stuff. Just don't clean the inside of your vehicle with it as it leaves ugly white streaks.  Yes that's from experience

If any one is fishing this weekend, get out early and finish early as it's going to be very busy with the holiday and nice weather.   Good luck!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3773 on: May 26, 2023, 04:26 PM »
I’ll be out at first light…for an hour or two. Lots of stuff to do around the homestead….and ribs getting happy for the Weber later on. Shaping up to be a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.

Remember those who gave their all to give us this opportunity. It gives me pause for thought.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ECobb91

« Reply #3774 on: May 27, 2023, 08:48 PM »
Finished a 9’ 4wt that I built this week and ended up sneaking out for a couple hours with my dad while my wife and mom watched the baby.

Broke the rod in by catching about 6 trout, one being 14-15” which is my second biggest on a fly. We were amidst  one of the best hatches we have seen in quite some time, at one point I counted 6 rises within 2seconds of each other. Both of us missed 3 times the amount that we caught. Really couldn’t figure out what they truly wanted. Early in the night they would eat the fly stripping it in but wouldn’t commit to wet flies or nymphs. Lots of blow ups without hooking up too. Great way to spend some time with my dad

trapper2000

« Reply #3775 on: May 27, 2023, 08:54 PM »
nice ecobb great way to spend time with your dad

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3776 on: May 28, 2023, 09:09 AM »
Gills are on the beds here. I’ll leave them alone for a while.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #3777 on: May 28, 2023, 03:08 PM »
i don't think you'd hurt the population RG ......i been having a great time fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3778 on: May 28, 2023, 05:17 PM »
Ah…I have a plateful (of stuff to do)  at the moment anyway Trap. More important to get a hitch on my new car to tow my boat.

Besides, Memorial Day is a parade of boats in my favorite spot. I can wait.

trapper2000

« Reply #3779 on: May 28, 2023, 05:34 PM »
new  car  ......nice  ......  i fished  the river  ,lot of boats going threw ,i was thinking about going out in boat this evening but instead was drafted to help a friend wire his 48  chevy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.