FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OH NO  (Read 5070 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: OH NO
« Reply #30 on: Apr 04, 2023, 06:04 PM »
Surprise…surprise!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #31 on: Apr 04, 2023, 06:45 PM »
well  bob seeing 2 .5 million people depend  on  a  water supple  from  seneca  and  cayuga...the   new  york  dec  rates  most of the water shed  as  a-1   with the  only issue  being alergy blooms  ....the  water is also bottled  and  sold .......  now  anyone  can  come in  here say they have a degree and say what ever they want .... now i  know  who the  new york health dept is they say the  water is ^5  i know  who the  dept of  enviromental conversation  is i  know   alot of  the  municipalities  that  use  the  water ..........all  people  with  pretty good  degrees  bob   people  and   goverernment  institions  that  been  around a  long  time  .....hmmmm   but  someone  says  he  has a degree  and  i  hesitate to  believe  him ....  hey i  didn't  renew my cars extended warrenty  , i  didn't pay  amazon  when they called  and  i  didn't pay the  bale  for the  kid that said  he was  my  grandson ....... ya  know  why .... i didn't  buy it  .....  i have a different opinion  ...... and i want  proof  ... from a  reliable source  ...i  don't  believe  eatting a  fish  is  going to  alter  my great grandsons  genetic  code  (would make a  great  sci-fi movie).......  yeah  bob  surprise surprise i don't  buy it .............
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #32 on: Apr 04, 2023, 06:53 PM »
Phhttttttt! 73 and I ain’t dead yet.

Bad part is, we probably paid for these (censored) people to do these studies. What a bunch of BS.

Show me one person who’s proven to have died from eating fish from the finger lakes! Maybe I’ll reconsider …….maybe!

gee  bob   looks  like you had the same  opinion  as  me  in the  beginning of this thread  ....surprise   surprise

knehrke

« Reply #33 on: Apr 05, 2023, 05:54 AM »
Hey Trap,

Skepticism is the lifeblood of science! You are 100% correct not to buy it - and I'm not going to sell you anything. But there's a whole bevy of peer reviewed literature that describes what I've summarized. If you're interested enough, take a gander. You can input appropriate search terms on PubMed, and most everything these days is available to the public 1 year after it's been published (should be immediate, but that's another battle). Almost all of this stuff has been done in model organisms, including mice, and so skepticism is warranted. But the molecular architecture of the relevant processes is the same in humans. Still, there are always questions.

As I said, information is power. If you have any questions or just want to chat, please feel free to reach out to me. You can connect using my URMC email address for Keith Nehrke. Cheers!

PS- Walleye for dinner tonight. I appreciate the risk, solely to myself at this point, and choose to partake. So I'm not preaching here, just putting it out there.

trapper2000

« Reply #34 on: Apr 05, 2023, 06:22 AM »
 again  anything can  be  published  ,it doesn't mean it's  true ..... research is  only as good as those that do the research  ......  none  of this  has been accepted by anyone  crediable ....however   2.5 million  people depend on that drinking water and  this   foolishness  could   scared them  ....when you  have  acredited  documentation  with  government agencys agreeing   i'll  listen  until then i'm going  fishing ..... i know  it's on the internet it has to be  true ....the walleyes  i agree  with  ^5

fishinjohn

« Reply #35 on: Apr 05, 2023, 10:05 AM »
  when you  have  acredited  documentation  with  government agencys agreeing   i'll  listen  until then i'm going  fishing ..... i know  it's on the internet it has to be  true ....the walleyes  i agree  with  ^5
After covid
I don't buy ANYTHING THE "GOVERNMENT " says anymore

mcully

« Reply #36 on: Apr 05, 2023, 11:15 AM »
Well based on this info I am def not having any more children! At 56 I will not be subjecting my gene puddle to my poor eating habits.
Another big one is studying people, particularly children, that live near highways and micro-pollution. Another good read that will make you think.
Just received emails in regard to eliminating all lead-based paint worldwide and banning all asbestos imports and use in manufacturing in the US too.
Did you hear that? that was one less breath I'm ever going to take.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #37 on: Apr 05, 2023, 11:29 AM »
Well…”The thing is….you see what you want to see…..and you hear what you want to hear.”

I guess an open mind at my age is a real plus….in my mind anyway.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

mcully

« Reply #38 on: Apr 05, 2023, 12:16 PM »
All you can do is read and decipher right.
I did read both new proposals the LBP one is too vast being worldwide so probably will lose traction and the asbestos one adds two other amphiboles so that would alter already existing USEPA legislation so that will probably not get legislative support.
As for fish I did catch half a bucket of Finger Lkae perch yesterday and will eat some and give some away. Surface temp was still 37 degrees so still a bit away from spawning.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Apr 05, 2023, 02:29 PM »
Always good to learn.

Steidyj

« Reply #40 on: Apr 05, 2023, 02:36 PM »
Anything can be published isn't true. There's a difference between an Accredited Scientific Study, and an opinion. Lots of good books available for free at your local library if you want to read up more on the topic, but watch out someone had to "publish" them!

Also please point me to the part in either of the studies I posted that anyone can deem false with information to back up their claim.

trapper2000

« Reply #41 on: Apr 05, 2023, 03:03 PM »
i don't buy it mcully  i had  seneca perch  last  night .... i'm still here ;D i think our research is  done  the fish are  safe and   taste great  .....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #42 on: Apr 05, 2023, 04:10 PM »
Well, I have no plans to stop eating fish from the surrounding waters…as much as I eat anyway. If I’ve done irreparable damage to my progeny, I did it without my knowledge. So far, they seem just fine.

Every day we learn …or we should at least, that not everything we thought in the past was correct. If we refuse to accept new ideas and information, we may as well just give up.

I’m only 73….not ready to stop learning or give up just yet.

fishinjohn

« Reply #43 on: Apr 05, 2023, 05:14 PM »
Well, I have no plans to stop eating fish from the surrounding waters…as much as I eat anyway. If I’ve done irreparable damage to my progeny, I did it without my knowledge. So far, they seem just fine.

Every day we learn …or we should at least, that not everything we thought in the past was correct. If we refuse to accept new ideas and information, we may as well just give up.

I’m only 73….not ready to stop learning or give up just yet.
Ya know rg...  I agree with you 100%
However...
How many times do we need to learn that eggs are bad for us.. then good for us.. then bad for us...
Same with salt..  same with wine/alcohol...
EVERYTHING in moderation..EVEN GREAT LAKE /FINGER LAKES FISH....
Eat eggs...salt...fish I'm moderation and have a glass of go go juice to wash down your moderated dinner.. lol

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #44 on: Apr 05, 2023, 05:36 PM »
Couldn’t agree with you more. Although, I’ve given up a few things and keep an eye on others as I age.  All in an effort to stick around a bit longer.

I’m not done fishing just yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.