FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brokeback Bluegill  (Read 1952 times)

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Brokeback Bluegill
« on: May 31, 2006, 08:43 AM »
This guy must've had a close call with a prop or bird of prey.  I thought he looked pretty cool.

Don't worry, my friend Brian and I put him and a couple dozen of his buddies out of their misery.

Fresh gills and ice cold beer on a 90 degree day...mmm...mmm
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Pikeguy

Re: Brokeback Bluegill
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 09:14 AM »
Brokeback Bluegill.....LOL   :rotflol:

Looked like a big fella too!.........and tasty ;)

Fish-trap

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Whew. At first I was a little scared to open this thread after seeing that name.... Nice gills tho and looks like a even nicer fry.
Can't catch a fish without a line in the water....

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Whew. At first I was a little scared to open this thread after seeing that name.... Nice gills tho and looks like a even nicer fry.

I was wondering if this was an appropriate thread for this site. ;D

killitandgrillit

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 11:54 AM »
I was wondering if it ment you saw 2 males on the redds together. I'm glad I was wrong.
"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 03:14 PM »
lol nice fish. when pike or bass get them and they get loose, some end up like that

Fishing is life

MIRC!

pike hound

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 03:27 PM »
yeah that title is pretty scary  :D! I caught one icefishing a couple years back with a chunk missing from its back but it's no where near that big!

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 04:11 PM »
yeah that title is pretty scary  :D! I caught one icefishing a couple years back with a chunk missing from its back but it's no where near that big!

Cool, I'd never seen that before this weekend.  We're kind of spoiled because a lot of the gills run big in that lake.  That was a slightly above average fish for the day, but not a true big one by any means.  I've never done well there through the ice, but May and September are a dream!  I'm not telling where it is, but if you're ever in Wisconsin in May or September and you happen through a town with bluegills painted on almost every lampost, mailbox, and small business sign -- not to mention a giant bluegill along the side of the road, you might want to stop and fish for a minute. ;)
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.