FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Weekend Cottage Report/ 2 Reports  (Read 1845 times)

tip-uptwo

Long Weekend Cottage Report/ 2 Reports
« on: Aug 08, 2006, 09:22 AM »
As usual, Anthony and I spent the weekend at our cottage on the Ottawa River.We could not have asked for a better weekend weather and fishing on this beautiful holiday weekend! Besides having no air conditioner and tempts hot enough to cook and egg on the hood of a car, the rain came through for a day and cooled the place off which made it a very comfortable stay with the smoldering heat wave.

This weekend was the start to our pre-fish for the Waltham Bass Tournament, a local tourney the firefighters and BASS members put on every year.We made it a point to fish new spots and to try techniques that I have wanted to practice for a while but were always stuck in the back of my mind....

After eating a feast of a meal Friday night, Jig head and I went out looking for potential areas that might hold a few bass..Rock shoals for smallies and back bays for largies..We also came across a few others pre-fishing for the same tourny...Scrap that spot  :)

Days were long and warm while the fishing was not so hot. We found a lot of smaller fish in our first smallie spot that would be culler's in the tourney...all 12''-16''...Jig head then started things off with a nice 3.5...on to the next spot...

We had caught over 40 smallies in the 2 hours we were drifting over the shoal....Baby Pooh tubes were on fire again...

We also fished a few back bays hoping to land a few largies...they were hiding :-/...well the big guys that is...Again we were experimenting with a few new techniques, I now have confidence in a few new baits.

A little vid for your enjoyment.

Also caught a little turtle....

Oh, we had to test out our live-well we built this weekend also..Thanks for the tips everyone! After a full day of fishing these guys looked like they were ready to get dumped back in.

We caught many fish this weekend, my biggest being almost 4lbs :P You can't always fish when up there, you have to have a little play time too!If you can see the buoys in the video, the potato landed right between them

Potato cannon

I woke up this morning to find out our neighbors from Detroit had left out a night line..with a little surprise on the end of it.His rod was seconds from being ripped in by this big guy.

A great weekend in all!Here are a few shots to finish off this weekends report!

Here are a few pictures of a few walleye I caught out of my favorite deep little northern Quebec lake Lac Allard. My moms cottage is on this lake....Anyways, I had the lake to myself for a whole weekend....The walleye bite was on! No fish under 2 pounds was a bonus.

Most fish were caught casting reef runners to the shorelines...bottom bouncers worked very well too!

-Andrew!

archbishop

Re: Long Weekend Cottage Report/ 2 Reports
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2006, 09:49 AM »
great pics, i love the potato gun, i havnt played with one in a long time :tipup:

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Awesome pictures and videos....your 1st video, sounds like you hit something with the motor  :P and the 2nd video of the potato cannon is cool....we have one of those up at camp too....if you run out of potatoes you can always use apples or pear, any hard fruit or veggie will work  ;) .....and that snapper on your bullhead is another great shot...thanks for sharing your fun up at camp...WTG  :thumbup_smilie:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2006, 10:10 AM »
those are great pics. You really slayed the bass, and the frog on the lilly pad looks great. Turtle is interesting too

Fishing is life

MIRC!

tip-uptwo

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2006, 10:12 AM »
Hey Camo!

We ran through some big clumps of pads and tall grass....The potato can fly over 400 yards depending on the elevation of the cannon..Very powerfull

Pikeguy

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2006, 11:14 AM »
Great pics Andrew. Awesome trip! Looks like you have a few little guys pretty interested in your fishing as well  ;)

tip-uptwo

« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Having my little cousins up there made my alone time a bit more enjoyable! crankin in his first nice eye, the look on the little guys face is one I won't forget...then landing it :D

Kyle

« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2006, 02:52 PM »
nice fish!!
how is the potato cannon made? i gotta make me one of those  :D

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2006, 03:03 PM »
nice fish!!
how is the potato cannon made? i gotta make me one of those  :D

lol, i dont know if that should be posted on the main boards :tipup:

BAZOOKAJOE