FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last weekend of summer..report  (Read 2010 times)

tip-uptwo

Last weekend of summer..report
« on: Aug 28, 2006, 09:19 AM »
Well, the last weekend for me anyway :-[

Jig head and I had the offer of....well, staying at home or going to to the cottage for the week ::) With a quick response from the both of us we packed our gear, clothes and essentials and we were off to the river...The drive up was very different from past trips up there...We encountered over 40 deer, 3 moose, coons, turkeys and just about every other wild animal that is out there to see except for bear...It was kind of like the call of the wild :P

The rail poured that day for hours on. Having it pound on the tin roof made it feel like days...When the storm settled Anthony and put the tinnies in the water, geared them up and fired up the motors...We were ready to fish!

At the table that night Jiggy and I went over a few maps trying to find a few spots that we have never fished before...We were looking mostly for rock shoals and drop-offs, preferable spots for smallmouth to hold....Then it was bed...

We awakened to a beautiful sunrise and fog on the water, it's really to bad I did not grab the camera, it was a money shot for sure..With a French toast breakfast and eggs as a kicker, I was ready to start my morning on the Ottawa in the usual fashion ;D Find the smallies...The first part of the day was spent tossing Phenix and Intimidater tubes to rock shelves along a break...It worked quite well...I tried rigging a tube on a Northland thumper jig head that worked well too...

Because we have three boats, the two of us were not always fishing together...(Kind of made for a little competition that I would soon find out, I will not win) The camera was on non-stop snapping mode all week, hundreds of pictures were taken, and hundreds of fish were caught ;D I had the camera in my box most of the time....Here are some ''Solo'' shots.

By the end of the day we had lost count of smallies and the odd largemouth...I could have sworn I was smoking Jig head in numbers....He was not complaining though....Actually he was laughing...with his rod doubled over... :-/ He was casting a Northam spinnerbait  when something ''BIG'' smacked it ...Turns out it was the biggest smallie of the week! WOW

Nice fish brother!What a monster.... Of coarse with a quick change to one of Franks baits I was getting into the action too :P .

That night all we talked about was where we were going to start the next day off. Largies made it into the convo as well as pike and muskie(With my luck, yea right)...Smallies always start the day..With a few Zzzzzzz...the next day came...The water, smooth as glass...

The rain came down....It didn't stop us

Jig head was up on smallies for the week no doubt...The kid was slaying them...Oh yea, we found some largies too!

A little guy I caught beside ''The Beaver Dam'' Hint hint JBarker..

A lot of largemouth were caught...d**n Fuji Film batteris...not all were captured on the card >:(

It was nice to see Jason Barker at the Waltham Bass tournament on Saturday morning...He was curious to know where we have have been nailing largies in our stretch of the river..After a exchange of words he had to launch quick...At the weigh-in it was nice to see Jason had landed his biggest fish in our spot ;D He placed 15 out of 100 teams to win his entry fee money back and then some..Congrats Jason! Speckles this week?

Anthony and I trolled for esox for a few hours....I didn't get skunked wahooo!

On the last troll it was clear that Jig head was not going to land a toothy critter....I spoke to soon....The young lad has a d**n horseshoe up his arse on this weekend...I ain't joking..

Again, I have been out fished by my little bro...You devil :D At least the walleye were on for me....Jig head and I got our limit every night and then some...Biggest only about 3 but were they ever smacking it....

A few of these ugly dudes too..

I can't believe everyone is back in school next week...One more weekend of fun then it is back to work...I think this summer I have accomplished a lot of goals (Fishing and personal)..Did I forget it was my 18th birthday on Saturday....There is still tons of open water fishing left to do, but when I walk outside I can smell winter in the air...for some it is time to plan a trip to Florida and some it is time to charge up your vex..Whatever it is I hope everyone has enjoyed there summer as much as I did!

Catfish kill on the Ottawa...this looks like a little mud pout though..

I love my Wave Worms..

And more bass.....

Until next weekend, I hope all enjoyed!

-Andrew

Pikeguy

Re: Last weekend of summer..report
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2006, 09:28 AM »
Woo Hoo!!! What a weekend. I am VERY jealous. That's a great bunch of pics there.  ;)
Ps.. happy birthday

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2006, 09:28 AM »
sweet fish guys. ive got to go back to school on thursday, hoping i can get out one more day.
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

akdg

« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2006, 09:31 AM »
 :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:  Looks like a blast boys!!  Nice bunch of pics!

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Great fish and commentary as usual WTG :clapping:
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2006, 10:12 AM »
Great pics...nice vacation!!

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2006, 10:24 AM »
mjan u sure know how to catch them. WTg

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Muskie Matt

« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Nice pics!!  Nice variety.  Time to hit the books.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.