FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: . . . And a Little Bit of That  (Read 1251 times)

bogtrotter

. . . And a Little Bit of That
« on: Dec 12, 2020, 02:32 PM »
NOTE:  For the prequel to the account which follows, read today's entry "A Little Bit of This .  . ." on IceShanty MA.

. . . and drove home to drop off my ice fishing gear and change into my (leaky) waders.

After that brief stopover, I proceeded to North Adams, where I fished the North Branch of the Hoosic below the Eclipse Mill dam from 1 to 1:30 PM.

The weather was a little warmer (about 40 degrees) than this morning, and, although still overcast, it wasn't foggy.

Stream conditions were just about optimal - - the flow was brisk but not roaring.

I caught a 11" brown just below the dam, a 12" brown just below that, and a 13" rainbow a bit further downstream.

From there, I drove back home, to wrap up in a blankey, sit on the couch and read Hunting Season by Andrea Camilleri.

westernmas

Re: . . . And a Little Bit of That
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2020, 11:29 AM »
Nice work Jim!  I took a drive to see the ice conditions on saturday.  Burnetts had 2 inches of good black ice as of about noon on Saturday.  I was comfortable about 20 feet from shore but didn't stick around to fish long as I didn't bring all of my gear.  Hoping that area has some ice for this coming weekend.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

Re: . . . And a Little Bit of That
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Hoping that area has some ice for this coming weekend.

From your lips to God's ears!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.