FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quick Trip  (Read 770 times)

rivereddy

Quick Trip
« on: Aug 21, 2020, 12:42 PM »
Yesterday I had 2 hours free door to door so I grabbed a pole and a small bag of tackle and hit the local.
It took 10 minutes to load the 'yak and, due to traffic and construction, the normally 7 minute drive took over
20 minutes leaving me with little more than an hour's worth of fishing time.  I tried topwater for about a
half hour but only got a rise out of dink panfish.  I went to my standard twisty tail and lead head as I paddled
back to the ramp.  I made a cast into a deep hole and laid the rod down to adjust for the current.  When I
picked up the pole the jig was hung up.  I lifted and it gave way.  It felt like a chunk of wood, then it swam upstream...
heavy.... big cat or carp.  We had a pretty good tug-o-war going when it surfaced and jumped.  It was a large,old smallie. -
Like other really big old smallies I have encountered its colors tended toward deep olive/gray-brown with little marking on
the sides.  I'd describe it as so ugly it was beautiful.  I coaxed her along side and slipped out the barbless hook and sent
her on her way.  I paddled back, loaded and made it home just in time for that, oh so important, ho hum zoom...

fish on,

rivereddy

abishop

Re: Quick Trip
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2020, 02:04 PM »
You have it BAD. lol I couldn't think about going fishing unless I had at least 6 to 8 hours to waste. I will give it a try tomorrow early. Suppose to get HOT.

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
Re: Quick Trip
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2020, 04:20 PM »
Working from Home does stink.  And I'm tired of google meets and zoom meetings too, but its the new normal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.