FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Catfish  (Read 1239 times)

crappie66

• BOILER UP
Catfish
« on: Jun 13, 2005, 11:28 PM »
Took my nephew, Zach,  fishing this morning in an attempt to catch some catfish after yesterdays rain.  To our surprise the water level was barely up and there was very little current coming out of the stream into the reservoir.  In about an hour we had 5 runs, and he caught one.  Usually right after a good rain the water is flowing pretty fast out of the stream into the reservoir and one catch easily catch a dozen or so nice catfish.  We were probably to late for the big rush of water out of the stream, always the next time.  The catfish was decent size, not a monster, but his first catfish.  We used cut up shiners (bass minnows) on the bottom.  I would have stayed longer but he was rather impatient not having tightlined on the bottom before.

TJ Bauer

• LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
Re: Catfish
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Not a bad cat. Tell him congrats on the first and there are many more with time. And one thing if you are the one to bring him fishing often start a scrap book thats  one thing I wish I had I caught alot of nice fish when I was young but I have very few pictures now I am hooked and take more pics then need but I trying to get a book together its always fun looking back at old times. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

troop19

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Very nice cat and  still gave a good fight

Fresh-Water Freak

• Born To fish Forced to........Go to school
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2005, 07:39 AM »
Beauty cat their tell him I said congrats ;D ;DWell I sure would be happy with him. :azn: ;D

CATS CATS CATS CAN'T STOP THINK'N ABOUT CATS!! :bowdown: :bowdown:
NOTHING!! Beats The Feeeling Of Hearing That Drag Let Lose When You Set The Hook On Big Red River CAT!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.