FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 339706 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #45 on: Apr 06, 2015, 10:06 AM »

Did alot of studying last night, looked at previous floods, odd I was only flooded 4 times from 1993-2009, since 2010 3 out of 4 years...studied euro models, gfs models, long rain models, snow on ground, saturation rates, how much rain recently was added too the snowpack...where the Reservoir is currently being held, ect... this is what I came up with,

from April 9th threw the 26th, River should be 2000cfs or higher, should stay above 1500cfs threw may 5th, flood threat for this Saturday is medium, but next Wednesday the 15th, very likely chance at a peak flow with very high water leading into it, another high chance at a peak flow around april 19th.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

paul young

« Reply #46 on: Apr 06, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Flyzones  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Only if you know how to fly fish.....otherwise it's gonna be a long day....-Paul

dimebrite

« Reply #47 on: Apr 07, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Shane you're probably pretty close with your flowcast... We got real lucky with the slow thaw out the past month or so. We're getting real close to near bare in the eastern lake region. 6 miles to the east and so forth is a whole different ball game though.

Fly fishing in the fly zones??? Never seen it ::)

Just kidding...well sorta ;)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #48 on: Apr 08, 2015, 05:26 PM »

Thunderstorms just rolled threw dropping almost an inch of rain, waters will be rising for sometime now.

... FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A
* FLOOD WATCH FOR A PORTION OF CENTRAL NEW YORK... INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES... JEFFERSON... LEWIS AND OSWEGO.
* FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.
* PERIODS OF RAIN WILL CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY WITH TOTALS POSSIBLY EXCEEDING ONE INCH OVER THE TWO DAY PERIOD. TEMPERATURES WILL ALSO WARM SIGNIFICANTLY LATER THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY. THERE IS STILL A SIGNIFICANT SNOWPACK IN PLACE ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF THE TUG HILL PLATEAU AND WESTERN ADIRONDACKS... AND THE WARMER TEMPERATURES WILL RESULT IN RAPID SNOWMELT. EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM SNOWMELT AND RAIN WILL RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT RISES ON AREA CREEKS AND RIVERS.
* EXPECT SIGNIFICANT WATER RISES FIRST ON THE SMALLER STREAMS AND CREEKS WHICH DRAIN THE TUG HILL PLATEAU AND WESTERN ADIRONDACKS LATER THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY. LARGER RIVERS WILL THEN SEE SIGNIFICANT RISES FRIDAY INTO THE WEEKEND. HIGHEST WATER LEVELS ON THE UPPER BLACK RIVER AND MOOSE RIVER WOULD LIKELY BE REACHED SATURDAY... WITH THE HIGHEST WATER LEVELS NOT MOVING DOWNSTREAM TO THE LOWER REACHES OF THE BLACK RIVER UNTIL SUNDAY THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #49 on: Apr 08, 2015, 05:35 PM »
snagger  have a  boat next to the  door  and park your truck on higher  ground .... this doesn't sound good at all
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #50 on: Apr 08, 2015, 08:11 PM »
Hope you don't flood out Shane! Let me know if you need anything man
Nice job findin em

dimebrite

« Reply #51 on: Apr 08, 2015, 09:05 PM »
Theres a ton of water everywhere right now. Hopefully Brookfield can handle it.  :-\

Shane if you go under you know you can always  seek some higher ground over on old 13 if need be. Hope it doesn't go too high for ya.

dimebrite

« Reply #52 on: Apr 08, 2015, 09:07 PM »
Anyone know why the hatchery is still "closed for the season"??? Been checking every once and a while and no dice. Also been checking beaver dam falls with not a fish sighted yet :/

monic20

« Reply #53 on: Apr 09, 2015, 10:22 AM »
Anyone know why the hatchery is still "closed for the season"??? Been checking every once and a while and no dice. Also been checking beaver dam falls with not a fish sighted yet :/

There all dead or dying you haven't heard?!

dimebrite

« Reply #54 on: Apr 09, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Yes Monic,  I've seen and heard since it started. Didn't know they closed the hatchery to the public though???  Makes one wonder ***censored**** is going on. They should've closed the fly zones back in november, but that's only my opinion

monic20

« Reply #55 on: Apr 09, 2015, 01:12 PM »
I floated mid river and upper thurs and Friday last week it's ugly

monic20

« Reply #56 on: Apr 09, 2015, 01:16 PM »
I'm done with sr for a while and gonna concentrate on other streams now cause what I saw at fly zones an how many fish I seen while floating that were dead or dying .. There def not telling us actual numbers cause trust me it's far greater than what was said ..

choo choo

« Reply #57 on: Apr 09, 2015, 01:42 PM »
Chamber of Commerce said they are going to re-open on wed. april 15.... she said that is what a hatchery worker told her, so not sure if that is official or not.

what I saw at fly zones an how many fish I seen while floating that were dead or dying ..
bummer for sure.
I'm fishing my way through life .

Old Timer

« Reply #58 on: Apr 09, 2015, 02:07 PM »
you have to be an extreme optimist to be employed by any town, city or state Chamber of Commerce..   I have been in Pinehurst , N.C. , called the chamber of commerce in a driving rain storm and have them answer. " good morning, it is a beautiful day in Pinehurst"

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #59 on: Apr 09, 2015, 07:49 PM »
whats salmon river running now????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.