FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Product (at least to me)  (Read 2852 times)

stripernut

New Product (at least to me)
« on: Aug 25, 2023, 02:48 PM »
Autoboat-GPS
For those who use a clamp on the trolling motor and miss/wish you had spot-lock, there is now a way to get it with a clamp on a remote control device. Clamp it onto your portable trolling motor and with your smartphone you are good to go! At $650 I will wait with the hope it comes down, but when renting a boat on the Q, it looks perfect!

https://tbnation.net/products/autoboat-gps-trolling-motor-anchor-system

lowaccord66

Re: New Product (at least to me)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2023, 05:09 AM »
Wicked cool!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2023, 06:02 AM »

a nice tool

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2023, 06:32 AM »
Any time I am out in a boat these days without spot-lock I am bumming, it is such a great tool...

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2023, 07:50 AM »
That's awesome. It's expensive but a heck of a lot cheaper than say a Terrova.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2023, 12:37 PM »
Pretty cool but I fish a lot of places that don’t have cell reception..
 Like the one I will be on this weekend.
So the phone stays in the boat glove box…😎😎
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2023, 01:00 PM »
It has its own remote, so you don't need a cell phone and the free app is so you can do even more things like set up routs and such. I would not be surprised if you can use the cell phone without the signal as most use the GPS...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2023, 01:09 PM »
Thanks I guess I didn’t read into it enough.  In that case it should work fine for me…. 👍👍✌️✌️
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2023, 03:11 PM »
 Minus that battery as I have a terova 12v 55lb 54” shaft on my 16’ Lowe , with a Walmart sealed deep cycle battery I get at least 3 days looking and spot locking perch and fishing  bait and it pulls the boat up to 2.2mph, great game changer

Steve H.

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2023, 08:10 PM »
Minus that battery as I have a terova 12v 55lb 54” shaft on my 16’ Lowe , with a Walmart sealed deep cycle battery I get at least 3 days looking and spot locking perch and fishing  bait and it pulls the boat up to 2.2mph, great game changer

Same motor/battery on a 14' Lund Fury. Love it for trolling, set it and forget it.  Game changer is right.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2023, 08:58 PM »
Ive had two different terrovas, one riptide and one regular.  Both 2014 units.  First one was a 12v 55#.  Current is 36v 112#.  Without it there'd be a lack of laker pics for sure.  Cant jig them without it!

stripernut

« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2023, 06:55 AM »
I believe that spot-lock has been the most significant innovation for angling (at least for boat owners) since braided line. Even the real-time sounders...

Jethro

« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2023, 09:44 AM »
I believe that spot-lock has been the most significant innovation for angling (at least for boat owners) since braided line. Even the real-time sounders...

Yeah, rarely does any farkle/product I buy like fancy reels or tackle actually make a difference in bringing more fish on board, but spot-lock and GPS enabled trolling sure does.

lowaccord66

« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2023, 12:30 PM »
Add in a bit of livescope and boom. 

Jethro

« Reply #14 on: Aug 31, 2023, 08:34 AM »
Add in a bit of livescope and boom.

That's been on my list for like 3 years now. Need to make it happen this coming year. It's not cheap but just like divorce I'm sure it's worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.