FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Why a kayak for fishing??  (Read 6515 times)

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
Re: Why a kayak for fishing??
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 03:21 PM »
They sound and look great for fishing. Times have changed so how about registering them like I and others do for theirs boats and canoes with motors. Sorry I know I will get bashed but if I don't get to the launch early forget about parking. This is a major complaint about parking with us boat guys.

Johnnh

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 04:43 PM »
No bashing
The canoe, car topper and kayak parking is a mess. Many lakes have designated parking for trailers and all others park in non trailer spots.

Do people abuse this = absolutely

Now for paying for registration stickers for kayaks, canoes and car toppers. I think a $10 fee is long overdue. Canoes and Kayaks are wrong side up more often than boats by a long ways. The first responders from all department rescue or recover far more canoen and kayak operators.

Just my opinion
Note: we have 1 boat 1 canoe and  3 kayaks

John

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 07:19 PM »
  8)  Never be enough launch parking.  BUT!  This afternoon I went to launch my small aluminium boat and found 4 economy kayaks parked in the middle of the pad.  I had to yell a bit before the owners left a nearby picnic table. 
Dick

zwiggles

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 09:49 PM »
  8)  Never be enough launch parking.  BUT!  This afternoon I went to launch my small aluminium boat and found 4 economy kayaks parked in the middle of the pad.  I had to yell a bit before the owners left a nearby picnic table. 
Dick

I can think of another approach to that situation which would have got them to do some yelling.... your approach is probably reasonable.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2020, 04:41 AM »
Dick

Sounds like the same people who let there dogs download all over trails and chase deer because “ he’s just playing” and then tell me I can’t hunt there  ;D
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Spider1

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2020, 05:30 AM »
I had an old 15' tin can Lowe canoe. It was heavy, noisy and impossible to car top (for me), lucky for me I had a truck. But it had a lot of room, just not very maneuverable on the water by myself. I set the seat farther up to even out the keel. Wasn't bad, sold it to get a Wilderness Systems Ride 115. It's a wide SOT that is easy enough to stand on and cast a fly line. Almost impossible to turtle, tracks ok and can turn on a dime which is nice in weedy, stumpy shallow areas. It has a raised seat, comfortable enough to spend the day in and no wet butt and at 59 I don't have any issues getting in or out of the seat. Definitely have to think ahead for packing and gear but I can fit almost everything that I had in my old tin can. And yup, it's heavy but I can car top it for now. I also have a Future Beach 126, it's a sit in, definitely don't want to try and stand in that thing... yes, experience talking there... Enough room for a days fishing but not my first choice. Canoes are great if you are packing gear and bringing a friend, kayaks are great if you are going solo and want to go your own way. Some of the new kayak/canoes that are hitting the market seem to me to be some kind of hybrid best of both world kind of things but I will bring nothing but a SOT kayak out onto salt water, especially if I'm going out past the breakers.

Johnnh

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2020, 05:40 AM »
That's the me first group.
It's not just kayaks and canoes.

We have all dealt with people that back down a ramp and then unload all their worldly possessions and load the boat.

If you say something, your the bad guy.
So many people just don't understand etiquette

taxid

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2020, 07:36 AM »
I tricked out this Hobie I got for half price with everything from a fish finder, down rigger, portable stabilizers out of lobster pots to an anchor. I have hands free control with the Hobie foot pedal flippers. Didn't like the seat that came with it so I built a completely new portable one higher up. That said I feel cramped in it compared to my regular boat and a few hours is all my back can take.

This thing was dynamite for stealthy night fishing for bass with surface plugs on my last trip to Maine.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Johnnh

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2020, 08:49 AM »
Taxid

Your showing your .still a yankee

Nice job

taxid

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Taxid

Your showing your .still a yankee

Nice job

Yup!  Would love to head back this summer but it looks like that could be an issue.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 04:31 PM »
taxid, nice mods!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 06:24 PM »
If you say something, your the bad guy.
So many people just don't understand etiquette
True enough, John.
Something the matter with that scenario.  :(

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 05:39 AM »
taxid, nice mods!

X2 on the mods.

taxid

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 07:30 AM »

taxid

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2020, 07:31 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.