FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Why a kayak for fishing??  (Read 6512 times)

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
Re: Why a kayak for fishing??
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2020, 12:26 AM »
We had a nudist colony In Nottingham here, it wasn’t pretty  :'( ;D
I can vouch for that. Used to give horse drawn hay rides over there once per summer. AND, it wasn't pretty!  ::)

AquaAssassin

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2020, 02:38 AM »
Was that the place over by Swains?]

It’s not far from Swains, close in proximity to Lee Speedway though
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2020, 02:39 AM »
A lot of older people right?

The wife still tells a story of the kids she took to Germany on an exchange program one year. They were all on bicycles and she warned the they were going to go by some nude sun bathers in a park. Of course the boys were looking forward to it. They rounded a corner and there was an overweight guy in his 70's with a big old potbelly shaking a mutard bottle. He thingy was bobbing up an down as he shook the bottle and the front bycycle came to a dead stop in shock and they all collided with each other.

Yes!

Lmao!

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2020, 02:39 AM »
I can vouch for that. Used to give horse drawn hay rides over there once per summer. AND, it wasn't pretty!  ::)

;D

Johnnh

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2020, 06:41 AM »
Remember "The Streak" ?

Many of you hadn't been born yet.
Back in the 1974 / 75 time frame a new fad hit the world. It was called The Streak. People would show up almost anywhere by surprise wearing their birthday suit.

Cell phones had not been invented and almost nobody carried a camera. Look on the internet and your sure to find videos.

I was shore fishing one day at Sylvan Lake in Dutchess County, NY .
Suddenly from nowhere a dirt bike with a naked guy and a naked girl on it comes down the path and stops next to me. They said hi, gave me the peace sign, smiled and drove off. It took me a few minutes to collect my witts and I packed up my gear and drove to one of my favorite bars for a sandwich and a couple of drafts.
 I was a regular there and started to tell  everyone about being Streaked. They stopped me from telling my story and said the same guy and girl just came by (still naked), parked the bike, ran into the bar, ran back outside and drove off. I bet the bar made some $$$$ that day and the story was likely told over and over for years.

I save this memory for those times when someone asks how the fishing was.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2020, 06:42 AM »
Lolll

mowbizz

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2020, 07:26 AM »
Remember "The Streak" ?

Many of you hadn't been born yet.
Back in the 1974 / 75 time frame a new fad hit the world. It was called The Streak. People would show up almost anywhere by surprise wearing their birthday suit.

Cell phones had not been invented and almost nobody carried a camera. Look on the internet and your sure to find videos.

I was shore fishing one day at Sylvan Lake in Dutchess County, NY .
Suddenly from nowhere a dirt bike with a naked guy and a naked girl on it comes down the path and stops next to me. They said hi, gave me the peace sign, smiled and drove off. It took me a few minutes to collect my witts and I packed up my gear and drove to one of my favorite bars for a sandwich and a couple of drafts.
 I was a regular there and started to tell  everyone about being Streaked. They stopped me from telling my story and said the same guy and girl just came by (still naked), parked the bike, ran into the bar, ran back outside and drove off. I bet the bar made some $$$$ that day and the story was likely told over and over for years.

I save this memory for those times when someone asks how the fishing was.

Not trying to correct you but I believe the “fad” was called “streaking” however some comical song writer wrote an apropos tune called “the streak”
Never seen one “in the flesh” but saw a few on TV during baseball games and such.

taxid

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2020, 04:34 PM »
That song the Streaker by Ray Stevens drove me nuts! I was riding a school bus at the time and they played it several times on the radio on my hour an half bus ride. God I got so sick of that song!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2020, 04:38 PM »
"Don't look, Ethel!"
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2020, 09:11 PM »
"Don't look, Ethel!"
That's the song.  :laugh:

Mac Attack

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2020, 11:04 AM »
A few of us streaked to get out of paying a restaurant tab.  We all went into the bathroom, stripped and run out thru the place with our clothes in hand.
Problem was it was our own neighborhood and we were regulars at the restaurant so they simply saved our bill until the next time we came in.
This was back in like 71-72
Stupid teenagers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.