FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First keeper  (Read 5003 times)

Roccus

Re: First keeper
« Reply #30 on: Jun 02, 2020, 05:40 PM »
Heal quick brother!
Thanks man, I was putting a condenser fan motor on a roof top , when I went to get off the top, the ladder kicked out, it could have been alot worse,  still,  nice tides this week , not happy, but it's a marathon , not a sprint.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #31 on: Jun 02, 2020, 05:58 PM »
Ain’t that the truth!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #32 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:01 PM »
My fishing season will find out its fate after the Maine Moose lottery next Saturday, if I pull a tag I’ll haveto head north each weekend, can’t not give 100% for that chance I’ve been waiting on for 35 years. I only put in for zones 1-6 during September rut season so unlike N.H. where I can get to the top in 2.5 hours it’ll be more like 8 meaning I’ll leave midnights fridays and come home sundays headed around 10am with my schedule

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #33 on: Jun 02, 2020, 08:42 PM »
Sorry to hear about the spill Roc, I hope you mend and get back to the marathon in quick order.

Good luck with the moose lotto Frank.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #34 on: Jun 03, 2020, 05:26 AM »
I hope you heal fast Joe. You are lucky it wasn't worse.

Frank good luck on the Maine Moose Lottery. I got picked for NH in 2006 and got a 550 cow. It was a bad weather week. Warm and windy. The wife and I stopped putting in for it about 10 years ago.

Roccus

« Reply #35 on: Jun 03, 2020, 11:22 AM »
Good luck with the moose permit.

Hope you get it..if you do no doubt you'll bag one

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #36 on: Jun 03, 2020, 01:31 PM »
That Merc is so mis understood, but simple,its all about air fuel mixture, the lower 2 carbs are jetted to only allow enough fuel (premixed @ 100:1) for lubrication purposes, as the throttle plates are opened, a second progression hole begins to allow fuel to the bottom cylinders, an accelerator pump, gives a measured shot of fuel to those 2 cylinders to overcome lean conditions,  thos all happens around 1800 to 2000 rpms, setting all this up must be done in a specific order or it is all for not, ..during idle conditions,  excess fuel is shuttled to the top two cylinders via a series of check valves and scavenging lines..once understood, it's easy to work on, unfortunately, alot of wannabe mechanics did not understand how a 2 stroke works and had no clue how this engine runs.. I've fixed alot of these engines that others had given up on
On a note pertaining to this thread, I'm on the couch with my knee in an ice pack, fell off a ladder at work today when my foot got tangled.

No bueno!..not fishing tonight
Sounds like a good motor, Joe. I hear ya on the wannabe mechanics. I've done business with too many "Merc certified" mechanics that couldn't fix a lawnmower.  :(
Have a friend that commercially fishes for Dungeness crab every winter in Oregon and Washington. Getting in or out of that Columbia river sometimes, makes the MOM look good in an east wind.
Hope the knees feeling better soon!

Good luck hitting the lottery, Frank. Odds are much better in ME than NH.  :P

HuntnFish603

« Reply #37 on: Jun 03, 2020, 07:31 PM »
Yea, hope you get a permit Frank. I don't blame you for spending the time scouting for the hunt...it's worth it for a once in a lifetime hunt. I do love fishing and chasing monsters but I'd spend time hunting/scouting for "monsters in the woods" over fishing most any day.
Good luck. I put in for permits in both NH and Maine for many many years and have never got picked. I've pretty much lost faith :'(

taxid

« Reply #38 on: Jun 03, 2020, 09:58 PM »
I hear moose are pretty easy to shoot if you can find a bison statue.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

AquaAssassin

« Reply #39 on: Jun 04, 2020, 04:43 AM »
Yea, hope you get a permit Frank. I don't blame you for spending the time scouting for the hunt...it's worth it for a once in a lifetime hunt. I do love fishing and chasing monsters but I'd spend time hunting/scouting for "monsters in the woods" over fishing most any day.
Good luck. I put in for permits in both NH and Maine for many many years and have never got picked. I've pretty much lost faith :'(

I’m getting to that point, especially when you know guys who have been picked 3 times in each state and someone in there fam is picked yearly

Too funny taxi

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #40 on: Jun 09, 2020, 07:10 AM »
Good luck Frank!
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.