FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: TROUT OR BASS  (Read 19330 times)

skunker

• Carry In Carry Out Do Your Part
Re: TROUT OR BASS
« Reply #30 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:02 PM »
Bass are strong.  Trout are weak!!!!

troutchaser

« Reply #31 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:30 PM »
     A 3 POUND BROOKIE THROUGH A 8 INCH HOLE AINT WEAK    !

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #32 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:32 PM »

have you ever caugth a 5 pound brookie on a fly rod that is not weak and trout live in waters a lot colder than bass not weak and they are not weak even in a brook at 8 inches and trout require finess to catch bass you horse not much sport in that

Pike_Hunter

« Reply #33 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:36 PM »
well ive caught my fare share of Trout through the ice so im going to have to go with Bass.(Pike)

Thestanimal

« Reply #34 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:46 PM »
I don't see anything weak about this......Trout all day

"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

troutchaser

« Reply #35 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:50 PM »
I don't see anything weak about this......Trout all day

OH MAN I LOVE THAT    NO I BET THAT WASNT WEAK   AND NO I DO AGREE BASS PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT TOO    I JUST PREFER TROUT BIG ONES

troutaddict33

« Reply #36 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:50 PM »
trout require finess to catch bass you horse not much sport in that

Exactly. Who gets overly excited when a bass hits. they're a dime a dozen and will bite anything anytime. Every single time a trout hits my heart pounds knowing how prestigious of a fish it is and my mind races imagining how big it could be while trying to finess it in. When i see even a 3 lb rainbow fly outta the water i start shaking... still (trout fever lol). A 10 lb bass i might say wow and throw it back, at best. Sorry, but ill be posting on this topic often since i feel so strong about the side i have chosen. However, I'de rather have someone enjoy bass fishing than not having the opportunity to fish at all.

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #37 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:49 AM »
Exactly. Who gets overly excited when a bass hits. they're a dime a dozen and will bite anything anytime. Every single time a trout hits my heart pounds knowing how prestigious of a fish it is and my mind races imagining how big it could be while trying to finess it in. When i see even a 3 lb rainbow fly outta the water i start shaking... still (trout fever lol). A 10 lb bass i might say wow and throw it back, at best. Sorry, but ill be posting on this topic often since i feel so strong about the side i have chosen. However, I'de rather have someone enjoy bass fishing than not having the opportunity to fish at all.
you are very right  I am very stongly minded to trout but if some one dose not have a chance to fish for anything else then let them fish for bass

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #38 on: Apr 10, 2008, 05:55 AM »
you are very right  I am very stongly minded to trout but if some one dose not have a chance to fish for anything else then let them fish for bass

what if they just prefer to fish for bass?  are you guys seriously suggesting they are less of a fisherman than someone who prefers trout?  I fish for a lot of different species throughout the year , and i meet a lot of fisheman all with their own preferences.

ill bet you that if you paired the two types of anglers in the boat for a competiton as you suggested, the SMART angler will learn a lot that day.

Scotty 

troutaddict33

« Reply #39 on: Apr 10, 2008, 11:41 AM »
not suggesting that at all... i was just supporting my reasons for preferring trout. they're tougher to catch and it takes a looonnnggg time to consistantly catch nice sized trout from learning hatches, to colors of lures, to understanding how the thermocline works and so on. I also understand there are thousands upon thousands of people that fish for only bass that could outfish me. I don't mean to put anyone down or offend them in any way... Im just a trout guy  :)

troutchaser

« Reply #40 on: Apr 10, 2008, 11:52 AM »
not suggesting that at all... i was just supporting my reasons for preferring trout. they're tougher to catch and it takes a looonnnggg time to consistantly catch nice sized trout from learning hatches, to colors of lures, to understanding how the thermocline works and so on. I also understand there are thousands upon thousands of people that fish for only bass that could outfish me. I don't mean to put anyone down or offend them in any way... Im just a trout guy  :)
   I HEAR YA TROUT ADDICT   IM A  BUBBA BASS TOUNEY FISHER ALSO, PULL UP TO A DOCK OR STRUCTURE WITH RUBBER WORM  AND POW  BIG BASS ON, ALSO AWESOME   I THINK TROUT ARE HADER TO LOCATE  TAKES MORE SILL TO LEARN   AND A BETTER LOOKING FISH   ESPECIALLY A LARGE RAINBOW   MY OPINION NOTHIN LIKE IT  I PPRECIATE YOUR DEDICATION TO IT    MABEY WE CAN ICE FISH SOMEWHERE NEXT WINTER   I ALSO DO TROUT AND PICKEREL DERBIES AS MUCH AS I CAN, BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO WIN 2 TIMES   NOT THE BIG  ONE YET   NEXT YEAR ILL WIN  :laugh:

chief10point

• we are going to need a bigger boat!
« Reply #41 on: Apr 10, 2008, 01:43 PM »
   I would rather catch a cold than a bass  ;D
chief10point

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #42 on: Apr 10, 2008, 02:02 PM »
what if they just prefer to fish for bass?  are you guys seriously suggesting they are less of a fisherman than someone who prefers trout?  I fish for a lot of different species throughout the year , and i meet a lot of fisheman all with their own preferences.

ill bet you that if you paired the two types of anglers in the boat for a competiton as you suggested, the SMART angler will learn a lot that day.

Im just saying that trout seem to take more skill and put you into tougher conditions than the average bass day but I do not ever fish for bass anymore because I find trout to be more of a challange and put me in the conditions that while tough are rugged back woods and beatifull and it is true that you tend to catch more bass in a trip then trout however it dose take skill to put bigggg bass in the boat I don't intend to put anyone that fishes bass down either just in my neck of the woods and mindset trout are harder to catch and present more of a challange to get to and catch in my neck of the woods so its just what I really prefer and so do all most all of the other guys I fish with around here now they if on this site would tell you if it was up to them it would be a gut and realse law on all bass but Im not doing that so guys if they want to fish for bass and prefer catching a lot of fish and maybe even slightly larger fish on average thats fine with me it takes diffrent skills than trout fishin and maybe not as many but they are deffinetly still fisherman but maybe in a diffrent set that I do not think should even be compared as they are quite differnt and my ealier post about pro bass guys dose not reffer to every bass fisherman just some fo the those fishing pro you see on tv that in my opinion do not really know what they are doing

sticks

« Reply #43 on: Apr 10, 2008, 02:14 PM »

Scotty im with you on that one. i truely enjoy any fish that swims in the waters around maine. And am willing to sample each one of them to see how they taste.   
There is alot of different tactics that are used for each fish out there and what works for one may not/probably may not work for another. or even the same species in that same spot the next day.   but those anglers who are willing to learn and spend time on the water are bound to catch just what they are looking for.
a little garden hackle and a fly will fill the creal everytime.

rum-bass

« Reply #44 on: Apr 10, 2008, 07:17 PM »
trout or bass whatever is on my line makes me happy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.