FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Record class size rainbow trout  (Read 20180 times)

78lb.TUNA

Re: Record class size rainbow trout
« Reply #15 on: Jul 21, 2009, 01:46 PM »
Id like to get them on the end of my pole and have a nice fight with them

blaque

« Reply #16 on: Jul 21, 2009, 02:20 PM »
my guess is that they would fight like a wet mop.
Again, ........my guess

Stuck-on-Seven

« Reply #17 on: Jul 21, 2009, 09:40 PM »
Even when they are that fat they are still a beautiful fish

crappiefish09

« Reply #18 on: Mar 12, 2010, 07:03 AM »
holy s---t batman

icefisher45

« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2010, 08:34 PM »
Those are some huge fish!!!
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work, Take a kid fishing

jlaclair

« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2010, 09:17 PM »
i dont think that these fish should ever be considered for a record at any point...only because they are genetically modified to continuously grow muscle...they are not "naturally" occuring...it is unfair to many other anglers who do not live in an area where genet. mod. fish exist...nor would i want them anywhere where regular natually spawning fish exist. they out compete other natually occuring fish due to their size...having said that I wouldnt mind catching one or two, just dont think they should be considered for a record,i dont believe any stocked fish should be, just native or naturally reproduced ones....nice catch though to everyone, still have to be a good angler to land one

CoreyL302

« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Where's the asterisk on that all tackle  ;)

FirstCast

« Reply #22 on: Mar 27, 2010, 09:57 AM »
That bow has to be on steriods or near a waste water out flow. Nice fish I wouldnt have believed it if I did not see it. tight lines

combsey going to catchem

« Reply #23 on: Mar 27, 2010, 06:07 PM »
theres a couple articles out there on the location of the lake and why the fish got so big there was something like 5000 that got released by a flood from a fish hatchery or something    anyways i would still love to make it up there for the chance to hook one

meadowpikeman

« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2010, 03:58 PM »
5000?? lol  was more like half a million over the course of a few years, due to the pens being damaged by ice.  sorry no asterisk though, the twins hold the IGFA all tackle record and several line class records.  A freind of mine caught a 26lber in the same area on an 8 wt fly rod said it was the fight of i lifetime cleared the water several times.
"Fame doesn't take away the pain, it just pays the bills. You end up on alcohol and Pills"-Fred Eaglesmith

CoreyL302

« Reply #25 on: Mar 28, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Its stupid.

bigmike7272

« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2010, 08:18 PM »
Wouldn't believe my eyes if i saw one of them here in Michigan. Nice lookin' fish ;D
I'll catch 'em, If you cleam 'em

Badback

« Reply #27 on: Apr 05, 2010, 08:04 AM »
I was raised about 30 miles from Lake Diefenbaker which is the lake that has these Triploid trout....There is also sturgeon, walleye and many other species in this lake...Check out the website about this lake, it is really impressive

http://www.lakediefenbakertourism.com/fish.htm

fishaholictaz

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 03:58 PM »
i dont think that these fish should ever be considered for a record at any point...only because they are genetically modified to continuously grow muscle...they are not "naturally" occuring...it is unfair to many other anglers who do not live in an area where genet. mod. fish exist...nor would i want them anywhere where regular natually spawning fish exist. they out compete other natually occuring fish due to their size...having said that I wouldnt mind catching one or two, just dont think they should be considered for a record,i dont believe any stocked fish should be, just native or naturally reproduced ones....nice catch though to everyone, still have to be a good angler to land one

8) 8) 8) I agree!
Take a kid fishing! 

Skidda

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 04:23 PM »
I found this photo on another site. This trout is beyond words for size. It was 34" long and weighed over 30 lbs.  It was caught in Saskatchewan. This is the actual photo of the fish and the guy who caught it. No photoshopping....the real deal.

Looks like a bigger container is in order! Can you imagine?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.